1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 - The year in review for FIAT

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by gurjinder, Jan 3, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    2012 : The world didn't end and FIAT, through it's actions and intentions said it loud and clear that it's journey in India is nowhere near any sort of ending ; it is here to stay. Let's briefly recount the key events that occured during the year.

• Sales
    Total - 11,131 ; Linea - 2,586 Punto - 8,545

• Product Launches
    The year 2012 brought us the refreshed Linea and Punto with added features and simplified variants. The Linea became the first car in it's class to offer Auto headlamps and Rain sensing wipers.

Later in the year, FIAT introduced the Absolute editions of the Linea and Punto which added some key accessories to the entire package. The long standing demand of the moulded type mud flaps was finally met. The "BUZZ accessories" put up the accessories offered by the Absolute edition and some more for sale individually.

• Dynamics in Management
    Mr. Rajeev Kapoor, the President and CEO of FIAPL since 2007 made way for the appointment of Mr. Gurpratap Boparai as the CEO. Mr. Boparai headed the Powetrain Division before assuming his role as the CEO. Also, Mr. Enrico Atanasio was appointed as the Managing Director . Mr. Atanasio was the Senior VP, Commercial Operations before his present appointment.

• Strategic changes
    The biggest news that the year 2012 brought was the re-alignment of the TATA-FIAT joint venture, FIAPL. It was agreed that the commercial and distribution activities will be handed over to a separate Fiat Group owned company - Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited.

As an outcome, FIAT will have it's independent sales & service network throughout India, with the first such exclusive dealership having already opened at Hyderabad. Other noteworthy mentions were the opening of the two FIAT Caffes in India, at New Delhi and Pune. The third one is expected to come up at Bangalore. India is the ONLY country in the world to have multiple FIAT Caffes.

• Tie ups as supplier
    The year 2012 saw the signing of the pact between FIAT and Suzuki with the former supplying the legendary Multijet engine to power Suzuki's cars. Another vehicle which shall now be powered by the Multijet is the Premier Rio - bringing the total to 12 cars being powered in India by the Multijet.

• What does 2013 have in store?
    The roadmap for India unveiled by the FIAT-Chrysler group mentions:

- Legendary Jeep brand to be introduced in India in 2013
    - 9 models or significantly refreshed models to be introduced by the Fiat and Jeep brand in the next few years
    - Independent Distribution Network to grow to 120 dealers by 2013

Feel free to add anything that we may have left out,

Best Regards,
    TFI Support Team.
    25 people like this.
  2. Would just like to place my opinion on FIAT`s road map.

Its a good sign that Fiat is growing its own distribution network in the form of exclusive showrooms and service centers. But, it should also continue to provide ASS at the existing TATA outlets. This way, I feel, they keep the loyalty of the existing customers and also draw those customers who are not going to have a Fiat Showroom in their locality but currently have the TATA dealership. The reason being, at present buyers are reluctant to go for the deal, for the fear of non existence of ASS in the current local TATA_FIAT dealership due to the recent break up, and in the process FIAT is losing its potential buyers.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  3. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    I concur....also TATA ASS is learning. I am getting a good experience from TATA ASS here in pune which is Pandit. I think they have learnt a lot and also gained good experience with FIAT.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Same with me....too

When I added my complaint about c pillar cover during factory visit. I have got a call from my dealer who is Fortune cars nerul.
    The personnel asked me about the issue which was not done earlier. :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Total Lineas on road- 30,081
    Total Puntos on road- 41,570
    GRAND TOTAL= 71,651
    9 people like this.
  6. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do we love to ask for what is not available? till now it was No to Tata tie up and A**, get Independent Fiat A**. Now it turns opposite? Maintain Tie-up and Tata A** too?

Come on, I understand for a large group of members, Tata network is near by and have built a rapport Or are from places where Fiat has not charted out a center. Totally understand the anxious feeling yet, in my opinion it was Tata got all what they wanted Technology (they are getting paid only for the engines/cars being built), Methods of building cars better, the systems and so much more but gave nothing in return except invest in the factory on the other hand FIAT lost a lot in terms of customer base, Reputation ( of what was left of it thanx to Doshi family), a promise which was never kept up by Tata on sales and marketing.

Lets leave the collaboration out it does not work for FIAT, Please bear with FIAT group for some time, I am sure none will be left out. I felt more confident in FIAT actions in India during the factory visit which increased my confidence in this Brand.

@Paaji, sorry to add this reply in your Post. and Thanx for the Highlights.