1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 Punto Sports suspension roll back to 2011

Discussion in 'Technical' started by linuxmanju, Mar 11, 2013.

1. All four shock absorbers donot cost more Rs 7k may be another 3 k for the stabilizer bar, kit is ready.
    This can be sourced from Places like JC road in bangalore.

- - - Merged Post - - -

These slight body roll or bumpy ride is far more acceptable to me than those sarapes and hits to the engine guard.This is India not any European country to have such low GC, even if Ferrari/Maserati is sold it need to have higher GC.I was cursing myself when I drove my 2010 Punto to western ghats, place where i would love to visit.
    After GC upgrade i am able to drive confidently.

i know earlier GC kit was better but where are the roads that support such GC,one will have be satisfied only in GQ road. nothing else.I don't think our roads are going to improve a whole lot until i decide to stop driving due to old age.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Like Ravi puts it. There is no need to waste money by downgrading .
    Instead spend it elsewhere .
    My car is '09 model running on old setup and i've driven a lot of puntos with the new GC on them and the difference is very mild , not so much that your car is going to get a tall boy stand.
    Dont worry enjoy your current ride
    2 people like this.
  3. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For increasing considerable GC, first install the GC upgrade kit and then go for higher profile tyre like 195/65-r15. With this, total GC would be 194.5(185+9.5), which more than sufficient for bad indian roads.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    The first Punto in India that went through a complete suspension transplant from high GC to low GC is here. Total cost 14K and money well spent. People who don't feel any difference between the two setups are either driving really slow or are used to the stiff ride quality and body roll. Maybe I was too but of all the money I have spent on the car in the last 1.5 years (And I have spent a LOT), this is the most bang for the buck. Now I don't feel that the car will topple when I take a U-turn at 120 :)
    Plus the ride equality, i have one word for it - Plush!
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ When did you do it?

DRIV3R and Jumu have already downgraded to older GC.

Correction:- They upgraded the car to older GC. :D
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    3 people like this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

U turn at 120,i hope you know what a U-turn means:eek:
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Cool. I would like to meet them and TD their Cars. It wasn't as simple as some people would think. The parts ordered by the service center were wrong, had to write to Fiat to get it resolved. I spent 8 hours under the Car to ensure the 7 step process was carried out without any glitches this time. If you just left your car at the service center, you may not have the correct set up :)
  8. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    First of all congrats for getting back that trade mark fiat ride and handling. I have been following your posts for a while and I know the pain you went throughout.

Now there is a slight problem, the other day I was having a discussion with a fellow TFI member over the phone and he was saying that all that is required to change is struts. Rest everything remains same.

We would appreciate your input if you could provide us the part names and numbers that have been changed.

Sent from my Wammy Passion Z using Tapatalk 4
    1 person likes this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Fix a time and we will meet up:). PM me your contact

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am at Work (So I am not supposed to be here :) ) Will post all part numbers from home.
    What will get changed:
    1. Both Front shocks
    2. Both Rear Shocks
    3. Anti Roll Bar
    4. Power Steering Fluid will get drained so will be replaced.

5 parts will be removed and 5 new ones will be fitted. No change in springs.
    2 people like this.