1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 Punto Sports suspension roll back to 2011

Discussion in 'Technical' started by linuxmanju, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    This is so true. Heard that the road widening and repair work has commenced now. Last time when i went, took Periyapatna-Siddapur route but in that forest area (Maldare i guess), a tusker thought of lying on the road which had blocked the traffic for about 2 hours!!
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    We are going OT.
    From what I read on various fora and FB, nothing much is done. The main bad stretch still remains bad..See https://www.facebook.com/RepairHunsurGonikoppalRoad
    1 person likes this.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    All those people who wants to GC upgrade now has to pay Rs 25000 for the new GC kit as informed by SA with Balaji , Thane the exclusive SC for fiat.TYhat s steep increase in the price for something which may or may not have much improvements except saving the under body which if u r careful and slow will not get damaged.the steep increase in the price negates the little improvements.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i would say better go for tire upgrade ( 3mm also matters ).earlier for me with 195.60.R15 on uneven roads the bottom used to scrap at high speeds as well.Now on the same roads with same speed its bliss to drive just bcoz of 195.65.R15
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    1 person likes this.
  6. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    I think this is the stretch after entering Coorg. I mean after the forest checkpost.

Today when I was on my way to office, I was tailing a exotica red Punto on SH35 (Stretch between Sarjapur road and Varthur lake). This road has enuf of speedbreakers, broken patches and bends with good tarmac in some sections. The Punto infront was a pre-2012 and we had touched speeds upto 110 in some stretches as roads were pretty empty. Following were my observations.

1) He was struggling over the speedbreakers and I am sure he scraped his cars underbelly in one of the speedbreaks just before entering the SH35 from Sarjapur road. I never faced any issues with any of the speedbreakers, no matter how bad they were.
    2) Pre-2012 car was better during breaking, specially on bends whereas i could feel significant body roll under breaking. In the bends, i could see his car hugging the road but in mine, there is a sideward movement.
    3) In broken stretches, pre-2012 car was shaking but the guy in was not jumping up and down as much as I was.

Offtopic: Mine is a 2012 model and the acceleration of my car was anyday better than the car infront. His car was throwing significant amount of smoke when accelerating but still mine was better :ugeek:
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think it is the starting point after Hunsur and towards gonikopal.

I think we can manage most of the speed breakers in and around Bangalore by adjusting our driving and braking styles.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

This is what I heard from RDC Fiat too. Wondering why the increase, Fiat is passing on its exclusivity to customers!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good news to me. I have just permanently dropped the idea of upgrading the GC in my 2011 Linea. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    On 6th of April I have inquired from kashayp motors noida, regarding GC upgrade kit cost and they told me that cost is still same. They told me that i may got up to rs 19000, if shocker mounts along with rod(don't know exactly) is required to be replaced. Will inquire again this weekend as I am looking to increase GC.