1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 Punto Sports suspension roll back to 2011

Discussion in 'Technical' started by linuxmanju, Mar 11, 2013.

1. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    @PaddleShifter - Thanks a lot for the comments and observations. Its good to know that they'd roll back to older ones without voiding the warranty. I checked with my friend and yes the springs are indeed part of the kit, so they are changed too. Currently, I have stopped looking for a used Punto and keeping my SDX for few months.

Btw, Pandit Auto Pune is giving 65K off royalty bonus + 15K insr off + 5K corp off on the Punto. So, an emotion on road which is 8L comes down to 7.15L or so.. Which is very good I guess and tempting too!
    1 person likes this.
  2. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    Yes they have charged.
  3. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    Digging out an old thread because I have almost finalized on a post 2012 Punto and anticipating rolling back to older GC. Even though all the parts of the suspension would be changed with the older kit, are there any other technical details to take into account to get the 'exact' same ride as the earlier Punto ? I might be getting too cautious here but its kind of a dealbreaker for me if it doesn't work out. The car I looked at had done 21K and the ride wasn't that bad on a straight stretch with 40kmph speed+ but at lower speeds, it wasn't as plush as the earlier one.. Again, I come from 185/70/R13 of Palio, so a midpoint of stiffness and softness is something I am keen on..

@DEEPAK BAPAT - Thats great for someone who wants to downgrade. Although in my case that wouldn't work as it won't be then covered under warranty. Thanks for letting know.