1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 Punto 90 HP Resale Value?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Relativity, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Now that is useful information. Thanks a ton. I am suspecting if this is the same guy who was riding with "The Black" from Bangalore during the Yelagiri trip.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are right. Siddharth did visit the Yelagiri meet.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That comment was for shams. You see, in spite of many people in this forum, including me, giving you sensible advice, you are only able to see what you perceive as negatives and make it a point to read between lines of friendly banter. First, you had to launch a personal attack on Driv3r and now me. I fail to understand what your problem is. Looks like you are one of those, who like to focus only on the negatives, totally ignoring the joys of the positives, this very thread being a classic example.

As Anais Nin rightly said - "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."

Rajan.

@MODS: Though Relativity's post was close to a personal attack, this reply is not meant to be. If you feel this is getting personal, please delete.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    The car will pull even without any throttle, but then that is not what we mean right! I don't want to get trapped into this slippery slope of controversy. For me the city driveability of *my* Punto 90HP was not upto mark, may be it is something specific with my car only (or me specifically) as I have not driven any other FIAT (except for my father's 1100). I took a chance with Siddharth and I found it made a difference. May be for others, it's a placebo - some way of justifying the expense, but I can feel a positive change, and I do not feel any acute need to make others acknowledge this.

Definitely not as a second car just to satisfy the neurotic itch of driveability :)
    4 people like this.

5. Sorry to spoil your party buddy, for your 9 month old car you will get somewhr between 6-6.5L nthn more than that..
    Your statements are very very confusing,considering your driving experience to be 7k kms(this being your first car) I think you need to atleast ride it for a couple of more thousand kilometres before coming to any conclusion as such..
    Honestly what is it you are expecting your punto to be in city? Maybe you have taken the punto turning to ferrari after changing into shell engine oil..:D
    Drive your car more(when you have time), with more experience in your car you will get used to the so called turbo lag..
    With the increased suspension there is a bit of body roll at high speeds, but never found any problem with the suspension other than this...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Relativity,

I believe you interpreted Rajan's post in a manner different than intended. I do believe the "nut" word was used just to convey the word "driver" in a lighter sense of the word and not to insult anyone. So, let's leave it here.

Rajan,

Let's bury the hatchet here. It's just a grammatical misunderstanding i believe.

Cheers!
    5 people like this.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Buddy, I will definitely pay a visit to Siddharth at Bangalore shortly.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Point taken. Next update will be after a LONG drive for sure.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No need for you to visit Bangalore. Siddharth trips Chennai frequently. Just get in touch with and he will meet you when he visits Chennai.
    2 people like this.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Tire Change Upgrade

Yesterday I swapper my Goodyear GT3s for Michelin Primacy LC at BM Lal and Sons, Opposite Sathyam Cinema. The Car feels lighter and there is absolutely no tire noise like GT3. Also went to the Fiat Service Center and after examining the suspension, they agreed to replace both the front struts. However, it will take 2 months as they are just setting up the shop.

I think once the suspension issue is rectified and with the new Tires, my issues with the Car will be resolved. Is anybody else running Michelin Primacy LC? Do I really need to be careful about the soft sidewalls?
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    May be you need to be careful as many are pointing out about the soft side walls.
    I used them for some 13K KMS in my punto. I traveled in some patchy roads as well but I didn't change my driving style for the sake of tires :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.