1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 Punto 90 HP Resale Value?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Relativity, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I also got my car remapped from Siddharth. He will charge around 28K but unlimited consultations. (I got a Dasara discount of 8K :) ) You can go back to him any number of times to fine tune your map. Now the turbo lag for city driving is nearly gone. It is much much better. In fact I have saved a hugh amount of money as I was thinking of buying a Micra diesel. Now no need as car pulls from below 1500 rpm. But you have to insist that he give good torque increase below 2000 rpm. First remap he increased but I was not satisfied. Second remap he gave more boost below 2000 rpm and now the car has really good low end punch. He tries to give remap which don't affect fuel efficiency but I told him I don't care about efficiency or black smoke or whatever, just make it driveable. Anyway even with this there are no fuel efficiency and smoke issues.
    1 person likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    my stock punto also pulls from below 1500 rpm. i am yet to drive a remapped/peted punto to observe the difference.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks, that helps. Can you Give me some details on this Mr. Siddarth? Is he part of a garage or a brand or a standalone guy?
    Also, Micra is cheaper than Punto.
  4. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    The MJD on the 90Hp opens only after 2500 RPM. No tuner can make it start before that. Once that is opened up the remap comes to play. The car drives a lot smoother and is much more peppier to drive. Its fun to be experienced. In normal city driving there will not be any noticeable change. All these things happen only after the second gear.
    Custom Code remaps have different states of mapping based on individual preference. If its all power u need then there is a specific map for that but your mileage will drop to the 10 kmpl range.

A decent map will deliver an average of 14.5 in IDC and a best of 19.5. B6 would suffice your need for a suspension upgrade but mind it stiffer suspensions give u better performance and grip but the ride is going to be much more hard. B14 is much more advanced with lowering springs too but until u want to lower it the additional amount wont make sense. B14 with lowered stance and a remap will transform your car race track spec. If u have the push then go for it. :)

3 people like this.
  5. Welcome to Tune-O-Tronics he is certified by MIVAC and AEM.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Is yours a stock remapped Punto? Your car is always driving differently from others. :D
    2 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It is not the car that matters. It is the nut behind the wheel, that makes all the difference :D

Rajan

PS: On the way back from the resort during the pre-Factory visit Bangalore meet, I pulled over to the shoulder and everyone stopped. We did a photo shoot, had some tender coconut and started again. Shams took off like a bullet and I never saw him again - T-Jet be damned :D
    4 people like this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Love thy car as thyself, it is sure to love you back, or at least show some concern for your pocket. :)

People say, how your car treats you in the long run depends on how you treat it during the first few months (kms) of ownership. It think this is true to a great extent.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I love my car very much. Else, I'd just sell it and buy another brand. Even when I started this sale thread, it was with a thought to buy T-Jet.
    I have gone to great lengths to get minor issues fixed. And I will continue to spend time and money on it, because I love it. However, I am not a blind fan boy and that is something I will never be :p I like most things about it, for the few that I don't; I come here to seek advice. Probably, not the best place to do so.

- - - Merged Post - - -

That's what I thought when I saw your post, "what a nut job".
    You should get one of those stickers on your car that says "Nut Job Inside". :evilsmile
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not really Relativity. You have got advices in this thread. :)

I would still suggest not to sell your Punto. Niggles can always be fixed. For the drivability, the best option is to Remap.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.