1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 Punto 90 HP Resale Value?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Relativity, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I forgot to mention that Tass offered to transplant the old suspension at a price of 15,000.
    Will this be better than the Bilstein B6 and Bilstein B14? Those are the two offered by Pete's.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Just pump up the music, press the A pedal and just zoom away dude. U freaking have the 90HP and you are whining too much, I own a 2012 75HP emotion with the same suspension setup, yeah its stiffer than old models but just increase the speeds, keep the cold tyre pressure at 29psi and see them just being swallowed.

C ya.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
    5 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ can't agree more with DRIV3R's post above!! you have been thinking more and driving less :) 7k in 9 months is quite less!!
    take your punto to highways (more) frequently!! she is cribbing for that and nothing else... do few spirited highway drives and then come back and post here :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What more is needed from a entry level mini diesel car ?
    90bhp engine, tank like build,ABS,airbags,good braking 20kmpl mileage, 0-100 in 13.6 secs.

You are fast,safe ,efficient and sensible.
    2 people like this.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    1.One of the the purpose of this forum is for people to be able to share isuues with their cars and get inputs from seasoned owners. That is what I am doing. It's not called cribbing.
    2. I have never been to any other service center except Tafe till date.
    3. I will take it to the highways when I have the time. Till then, it will be driven in the city. And if it don't drive well, there will be questions.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Any more un-necessary post on this thread, this will be closed for ever.
    Some posts are edited/deleted.

To all, if you are unhappy with any post, please report, than replying in same manner.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    has any other tfian driven your car confirming the turbo lag problem?
    1 person likes this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

More so, about the suspension problem?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    @relativity,

you should have come to factory visit with sathya_sc vettal,

could have been the unveiling event of your beast.

turbo lag? pardon me, what is that?

one of my friend sami,accompanied with sathya in city drive(T nagar to OMR)after fiat meet,got scared out of shit.

sitting in passenger seat he used to brake as a sign of intuition.

p.s:my linea MJD with me and ramjn at rear seat

finally he bought nissan sunny thinking that linea is too fast in city.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    6 people like this.
  10. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    I agree with your genuine concerns. Below are my thoughts on this.

Turbo Lag : Agreed. Punto has turbo lag but which diesel car doesn't. Is that really a concern? a little bit.. That's all. The first gear is very short and second one is sluggish if you don't hit the right RPM. Other than that there is nothing you can say about it. Period.

I own a 90 HP and I hate the turbo lag as well. It's something that comes as a package with this car. I just rev a bit harder in 1st and then change the gear to second and this problem is solved for me. Try it out and feel the difference.

In a highway, this car is the beast. Be it power or the stability, this car is the best. The kind of stability that this car displays is something that just can't be compared with other cars out there in the same segment. TOUCHWOOD.

Suspension : I have no complaints in this area. If you want your drive to be more smoother just go for some good softer tyres and fill them up with Nitrogen. I just can't imagine spending so much amount on suspension alone. I understand the remap thing though.. If you are planning on going for a tuning box or a remap do let share us your experience.

Finally, it all depends on one's driving style. One always has to know how their vehicle behaves in any condition and adjust their driving style accordingly so that they can bring up the maximum performance from their vehicle.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.