1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 Punto 90 HP Resale Value?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Relativity, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Honestly, is it that bad?
    I have started driving my new Linea 1.3 MJD about 4 weeks back and till that time my drive was a Wagon-R. No doubt Wagon-R was extremely easy to drive in the city and Linea is bit more of an effort. And turbo lag, yes its there but we all purchased our vehicles knowing that the MJD has a bit of turbolag isn't it?
    The wagon-R may be easier to drive in City, but it comes no where close to the feel that Linea gives while driving (even in stop-go City traffic in Bangalore). I have also been learning how to right shift at the correct RPM and keep the turbo lag under check. It is not that difficult to do and only a matter of getting adapted to I guess. Only grouse I have presently is that on inclines (say ramps), I find that it lacks a bit of power in second gear and needs 1st gear at times. May be I will learn to manage this too soon :)

But hey, we are talking about Punto here. I have not driven one yet. But are Linea 90HP and Punto 90HP drive charecterictics very different? Hope I did not go OT here.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    relativity:-
    i have driven Figo and swift these cars are also similar to Punto,does your car have any suspension problem ? do one thing open the bonnet and push/press the car downwards and see hows the suspension working ?
    i would say, try to have hands on other cars(swift ,figo ) as well to know the suspension set-up .
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Is the alignment of the car perfect?

In another Punto that i know the suspension was sort of bouncy till we had it's alignment set right. After that , it was stable as a rock.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Relativity, your car has 209nm of torque in stock form itself.

Punto has the best in class suspension by far in the hatchback segment.

I would suggest a remap and some experimentation with tyre pressures. Also go for Michelin Primacy LC for best comfort and noiseless ride. Good Years are hard and noisy.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    About the remap, do check at which rpm you are getting the boost. I have seen one review about Pete's remap where there was not much change in low rpms, only after 2500 rpm, the extra boost with the remap kicked in. So before spending your 32K odd please get a clarification if it is going to give you the required torque increase below 2000 rpm.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It need not be Pete's always for the remap. Also, Pete's won't support you in Chennai. You have to drive down to Cochin. Discuss with pemmasg and Theblack. They have got the remap done from one Mr. Siddharth in Bangalore. Rates are way cheaper than the Pete's.

But, why do you want to worry about 0-1000 rpm range? Our car's ilde RPM itself is 900. I would say that it would be more than sufficient if the turbo kicks in at 1500.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    The suspension is stiff at slow speeds in 2012 suspension setup and the ride is not as good as before when speed is slow but the ride gets better if you go a little fast. The faster you go the better the ride.
    For ride quality at slow speeds hyundais have to be bought. If you are OK with low GC downgrade to pre 2012 suspension.

If you are finding stock suspension stiff no way is Bilstein going to be more supple than stock. It would be even worse in ride comfort.
    4 people like this.
  8. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I guess a lot would depend on from which car one is graduating to the Punto (cant say about Linea as i havent driven one). From my experience, it takes a little 'getting used to your car'. The punto is far ahead than the regular ones on road (zen, i10,figo and the types) in city driving and beyond compare on highways. The suspension is to be experienced on the highways, the punto simply glides over the potholes at 100 kmph (am saying from recent experience on the highway) .
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I don't buy the Hyundai argument as I love the suspension in the per 2012 Fiats, and I have a driven a lot of these.
    Can you share more details about Bilstein, what exactly do you know about those?
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Even I loved my Linea pre GC kit suspension but even after GC kit its pretty good. The first thing I said after taking a ride in backseat to Yashik (PaddleShifter) after getting GC kit installed is that ride was way better in old suspension.
    The old suspension was better in ride quality but new suspension isn't bad too. Get your suspension checked it's not that bad that one would complain about bounciness.

Have driven a Getz CRDi with Bilstein B6 and know what they are.B6 is the most basic suspension from Bilstein, have a very good balance between ride and handling. Getz with bilstein setup is a hoot to drive, awesome 1.6 CRDi and handling only If something could be done about its brakes and OKish steering(much better than i20 actually)
    Upgrade to Bilstein setup only if you are looking for improving handling even more.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.