1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 Punto 90 HP Resale Value?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Relativity, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would say the best solution for this issue would be the Remap. Few in Chennai have done Remap (pemmasg has done for his 90HP Punto). Remap can be done based on your need. Contact pemmasg. He should be able to help you in this regard.
    1 person likes this.
  2. You have an option of getting it remapped,remap will reduce the turbo lag by 90%.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You said it! If I would have done this statement, Big Boss of forum would have banned me.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why do you think so? Honestly, We have seen lot of more hatred towards Fiat than this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    relativity,
    totally agree with you for the performance of our punto's below 2000RPM.i have adopted the city drive with high revving,in city traffic no doubt at all punto's are very sluggish.Look otherway around when it comes to highway drive, punto's are always the best in the hatchback segment.

i would suggest instead of selling punto get another car like alto or EON for city driive and spare punto for highway drive. :D
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry for going OT!

I have changed my driving style after Punto. Most of the times shall try to be a sedate driver within the city. Advantages of this - safety, better mileage & appreciation from family that I have calmed down now ;) But when it comes to highways, one need not tell :evilsmile Best part - Even at 130s - 140s kmph, my parents say that I have become a sedate driver after buying Punto :-D
    5 people like this.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Out of sheer desperation and disappointment with the Turbo Lag and the bouncy suspension, i wrote to Pete's and got the following quotes:

Bilstein B6 : Rs. 46,000/- ( Front & Rear ). Comes with Front & Rear shocks. Height will remain the same.
    Bilstein B14 : Rs. 68,000/- ( Front & Rear ). Comes with Front & Rear shocks and springs. Has height adjusting facility.
    Pete’s Custom Remap is available for Fiat Punto – 90 Bhp diesel. Costs Rs. 32,000/- It will fine tune your car completely along with increase in engine power from 90 to around 110 bhp and Torque from 200 Nm to around 240 Nm.

This could solve both the issues I have with the car - Bouncy suspension and Turbo lag. What I need to know is if this would be money well spent or is it better to sell the car?
    I am uncertain if a remap will help in the 0-1000 RPM range as the turbo does not kick in till 1500.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Already Punto gives an Sedan class feeling with its suspension as well,you are expecting more than that :confused
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    @ Ganges - Let us not generalize here. Why would I want to spend half a lakh if I had Sedan Class suspension in a 9 month old car?
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @Relativity - What was your previous car? I mean, when you say bouncy, what is the benchmark? True that FIAT cars do have somewhat stiffer suspensions to aid better handling, but it is not that bad either. However, if you are really uncomfortable with the current setup, I would strongly urge you to either trade in and go for a T-Jet, if you can find one. The T-Jet also has turbo lag, but not as bad as the diesel cars. In the city, if you are caught below the turbo band, you will have to downshift, else the car struggles.

I feel you should test drive other options, especially in bad roads and thick traffic conditions and then decide. Under the circumstances, I would recommend you try the NA variant of the Linea, if you want to stick with FIAT.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.