1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 Punto 90 HP Resale Value?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Relativity, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I have started to wonder what would I get if I sold my Feb 2012 Manufactured Punto 90HP? I paid 8L in March.
    I may want to sell and get a T-Jet as my running is very low and I am not happy with the turbo lag of a diesel in City traffic. Just hoping I wouldn't have to shell out a lot. I have only clocked 7 K KMs in 9 months.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You should get anywhere between 6.75L and 7.00L.

Are you planning to buy used T-Jet? I am asking this because Fiat has sold out all the T-Jets and none is available in the factory now. There is no T-Jet available with any dealer in TN too. And getting an used T-Jet is also not that easy. You may have to wait for that.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Ram, 7.0 sounds good. I wasn't aware that T-Jet production has been stopped. Is it due to poor sale and do they plan to revive it?
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I would put it closer to 6.5 L. T-Jet production was stopped in May 2011 and all the old stock was sold for massive discounts. If you are lucky enough to find one with any dealer and bargain really hard, you should be able to sell the Punto, get the T-Jet and still be left with pocket change for accessories :D

Rajan
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No T-Jets were produced in 2012.

As per their plan, they may re-launch new Linea with T-Jet in 2014.

Read their plan for India here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-india-news/8575-fiat-india-future-plans-10.html#post146590

- - - Merged Post - - -

No, Rajan. There is none with any dealer in TN.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If turbo lag is the reason for changing the car , then you must thoroughly test drive the T-Jet before finalising anything. I've never driven one, so can't comment.
  7. sidindica

sidindica

-
    FACT: one white T-jet is standing for sale inside the showroom of cargo motors, jalandhar, punjab. Its a normal, not the T-jet plus. It has a fabric interior and 15" steel wheels with wheel caps.

FART:But to tell this, what I get in return? Maybe your car for free....(evil grin).

Better option: Fit a Race dynamics chip and make the turbo sing to your tunes. Just costs 30K approx.

My dynamic 76 has only done 3477 kms in 3 months.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Race Dynamics costs Rs. 20k. Can get some discounts too.

Even better option would be to remap. Read Nimish's thread. :)
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

T-Jet also has a bit of turbo lag and I have seen owners commenting on driving it in peak city traffic on the other forum.

BTW, why did you purchase the 90 HP diesel if your running was low? If you just want a petrol, go for the naturally aspirated 1.4 Punto, you would be left with extra money to fuel your car.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am not entirely unhappy with my Punto. Once it hits 2000 RPM, I have no complaints. I just hate driving it below that in City Traffic. Maybe a tuning box or a remap would be better options now that I have sunk my money into an Oil burner.

This is my first car and I did my math based on fuel costs and a diesel seemed like a better buy. I planned a lot of long distance trips but due to multiple reasons they did not materialize so far. Thing is, the running may not always be low and a diesel may still make sense. Just the damn turbo lag under 2K RPM is a real heartbreaker.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.