1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2012 Palio & 2013 Linea

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by gvkv, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hold on Guys. Don't label this as new Linea. I have almost cracked this mystery. Gathering few more updates on this car. I will post it soon.
  2. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
    3 people like this.
  3. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Thank God that's not the new Linea.

But on a different note, is Fiat really transforming itself as an OEM for other auto manufacturers?? If so, not a happy news for Fiat owners
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dodge is a brand owned by Chrysler. And Fiat now owns the Chrysler :).
    My guess is that this new Dodge car might have been built on the Linea platform.
  5. You r Spot On Ramjn.... But still the head lights of the car in this pic looks like it is been lifted from the Current Linea.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

And there are possibilities for Fiat to launch the same labeled as Linea since this is engineered by Fiat (some kinda JV terms), which shudn't happen.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I liked it.

Looking at Headlight shape, is telling me it is her.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    They FIAT-India not disturb the current models, but get the Palio soon below 3 Lac , CNG would do wonder.....
  8. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    O yeah...my bad!!! I almost forgot !! Thanx for reminding ....

Your guess is spot on...check this

So this is Fiat's american entry strategy for the Linea, apart from the 500 of course. In fact if you remove the front grille cross-hair of Dodge, there is a similarity of the bumper with that of the Punto Evo. Easy to mount a Fiat badge like in Evo and you have the new Linea for the rest of the world...

Fiat is thinking smart at last...
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hmm. But, I hate calling this as 2013 Linea. Lets wait till January 2012 and we will get to know the name of this Car and how it will be branded during the Detroit Auto Show.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  10. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    And Fiatophiles what is this? The 2013 grande punto?? Woohoo...looks like a lot is happening over coffee at FiatCafe!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.