1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2011 Swift / Honda Jazz Price Cut/Toyota Liva - Impact on Punto

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 12, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Jazz pricing is decent now, and I think i20 will get affected the most.
    Punto anyway selling low, so could get marginal impact.
  3. new jazz launched.
    the cheapest is for 5.50, then 5.75 and the most expensive 6.06 lakhs ex showroom delhi
  4. Buying a Honda jazz makes sense only now
    Its a very good city car. Highway i would say not bad. So for a normal non spirited usage its by far a great alternative to a swift buyer. Ofcourse, No question on comparing with Punto though.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If I have choose Swift or Jazz, I will go for Jazz as ABS, AirBags, Music System etc are standard in all variants of Jazz.

Looks premium too than new Shit.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

The new price of Jazz will sure get more sales. Now Jazz is real VFM and kudos to Honda for giving all safety options across all models. This is something all other manufactures should follow - at least ABS should come as standard.

I know 2 cases -one Punto 1.4 and one swift - bookings are cancelled and going for Jazz Select variant. Some amount of cross shopping will happen and Swift\i20 sales will be more affected than Punto sales because Swift and i20 sells more and people who follow heard mentality\brand(snob) value will switch from Hyundai\Maruthi to Honda. Most of the case, FIAT cars are brought by people who really want FIAT cars, so cross shopping in case of FIAT will be less.
  7. coolrider

coolrider Timido

I think New swift n Jazz is going to rule the Hatchback Segment.

Out of 50,000 bookings of swift 80% is diesel engines. Kudus to Fiat for achieving this feat. Fiat is losing in some area, but they are gaining in financial way. At the end of the day this is also good
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think not.
    Imagine if fiat completely stops car business in India as what happened in yesteryears.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Smart move by Honda considering they have another hatchback in the pipeline. If I am right, new hatch will become the costlier one.
  10. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hmmmm. Nothing can shake FIAT. They r rock solid like Himalaya!!!.
    I don't know in which world they are living. Anyway you can expect some 2 % rise in FIAT prices next month :evilsmile (Becoz now they have to give salary to people with 3 digit car selling numbers)
    Hey bhagwan Kya kare.
    Respected Anna hazareji. Plz take up "Save FIAT Aandolan" after "Jan Lokpal Bill":uh