1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2011 Swift / Honda Jazz Price Cut/Toyota Liva - Impact on Punto

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 12, 2011.

1. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    unlike the linea who felt the heat of new launches in its segment,punto wont be affected. This is just a temperory setback for linea. I test drove the new verna, i felt just like i was riding a powerful wild horse out of control. The suspension was horrible, even a one centimeter stone could be felt inside the car. How i wished the linea had such a powerful engine which would be tamed under the lineas hood.
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Any new launch will never affect FIAT. FIAT always believe in " Ekla chalo re".
    Evenif others start selling cars free of cost, in that month FIAT will increase price by 1-2%.
    They are only targetting hardcore FIAT lovers and they will always find 0.5-1% car buyers. They are also ensuring with once in a blue moon Advt. just to ensure FIAT lovers should know that FIAT is still selling cars.
    2ndly they don't want to sell cars because after selling 01 car the customer becomes life long headaeche for them.
    If they get the similar profit by just selling the engine, why they will sell cars and say" Aaa bail muze maar".
    So guys enjoy unique and rare appearnce of FIATs on road and enjoy ur "Thoda hatke" beauties.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  3. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    Only if fiat could manage to get a law approved to have a linea / punto test drive compulsory for every buyer... things would be different, the price would not be a matter anymore. To be frank i don't give a s##t for where the general public goes for their wrong choice of car, all that matters is that i made a correct decision and every day of driving stand witness to the same.

Only the one with brain stand apart from herd.. we out here are few of them...

Arvind
  4. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
  5. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    People go by what is popular or what is spread by word of mouth, sadly and surprising the age old opinion that "Fiat Spares are hard to find or no good service" still exists. Even though this opinion is minimal but it's what people think off when they go to venture out while buying a car.

Simple marketing rule ( I maybe wrong ) says that at the launch companies invest in full page ads, hoardings etc. I think I can safely remember Linea & Punto full page ads during the time they had launched. Even the more recent full page ads when the T-jet was launched (infact a full center page ad). Eventually, the ads take a back seat and selling comes to play - that's where fiat misses the bus, they share showrooms with Tata and if you go to a showroom, you will notice that there are 4-6 tata cars and hardly 2 fiat cars. Again that's all fiat has to offer today, next step is the sales guys at the showroom - their efforts are also half hearted and if you notice their selling skills are either short of what is expected OR they know that people are already aware of fiat so there is nothing to say.

Bottom line, new cars will launch - fiat will need to think of new ways to market itself well at the showroom / dealership (where the customer reaches out) to deal with these new launches and always insist on a test drive.

Meanwhile, we're all living examples of totally satisfied fiat customers and have little to complain :) if not anyone else, we know what we drive and we know the advantage fiat :razz:

Cheers,
    Grey_Hound

Cheers,
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    I think Fiat is picking up lately. I hear daily enormous times on radio the "petrol to diesel" ad from Fiat. Also someone reported that they saw ad in The Hindu even. Also someone reported that the Fiat Brand store is almost ready in Pune. And the management reshuffles. I think they know what they are doing. Let's wait and give them some time and space to prove themselves.
  7. niranrao

niranrao Timido

Bangalore
    Yesterday I saw a TV commercial on TIMES NOW “the petrol priced Diesel cars from Fiat”. Are they really selling all their cars at this price or is there a catch????
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  8. I don't think that such a valued items, people rushed to see what the hack !

Car sales like a medical treatments - generally we select by reference, so Fiat need to improve its reference part 1st. you will find lot of TFI members, earlier they are quite happy, but later they fad up with Fiat Service & its spares issue.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    It's just a Lottery. 20 People get the diesel at the price of petrol. Another 100 get 26K worth diesel vouchers and everyone else get 6K Diesel vouchers.

The previous free insurance offer was better savings than relying on this lottery. :)
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  10. Linea and punto both r definately going to be hit by the price cut, liva, swift and all.. As regards verna, I agree it s not stable at high speeds. But what it does is , it ticks all the right boxes without being extremely bad in anyone and add to that hyundai reputation. they surely ve a winner on their hands. How many people inindia lll look for stability above speeds of 120. Hell if it wd ve launched a year ago, i wd ve definately considered it as a very strong option. So Fiat need to think out of the box. the onus son them and they ve to come good or else writing s on the walls.......