1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2011 Swift / Honda Jazz Price Cut/Toyota Liva - Impact on Punto

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 12, 2011.

1. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I was checking out the pics of all the all new swift and yesterdays announcement by Honda , reducing the price by almost 1.75 lakhs bringing the car down to the bracket of Hyundai i20 , the so called hot cake . The launch of Toyota Liva , so many things together I am wondering what would happen to FIAT now . Specially Punto in this category .

We have already seen the impact of ,the fluidic verna and the impact of the Honda city price cut plus the launch of Etios , on the sales of FIAT Linea .

I feel really bad about the downward trend of FIAT at the same time am concerned about the whole sales trend is going . We boast of the FIAT engine and it being really good , but I guess all the other sourcing their engines from FIAT have the same engine aswell. TATAs have been minting money using all the FIAT expertise , just packaging it in better packages .

Do you think FIAT should start some fire fighting or better Disaster Recovery.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    those who know fiat and love fiat they will never look elsewhere.

but considering the price slashdown of honda jazz i feel fiat petrol cars are going to be history.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I dont think FIAT invested so much in India with the target of 3 digits or did it ? If thats the case I must bow down to FIAT for not being number centric . This seems to be a new business mantra . I know theres a tone of sarcasm as I type this but its a lil hurtful when someone makes an excuse of the shortage of spare parts and bad state of service if the numbers grow up . I hope Toyota and all the other majors in the world do not adapt this kind of a policy .

People know FIAT and love FIAT and the love for these cars will always survive. But like they say , jeene ke liye pyaar hee kaafi nahin hota - Ha ha ! So FIAT will not survive on love alone. Just my Honest opinion . And am angry that FIAT is so non responsive , I see full page ADs of the recently launched fluence , the LIVA , and in a few days I'll see the swift 2011 . And I get pissed . For gods sake , they are selling mass market cars not some niche market cars , no matter how good they are , they are not Mclarens and Ferarris that people will buy them whether the company advertises or not . Really really bad . And FIAT if you're reading this 3 digits was your aim , but mind you , you're living on the edge . Hope you guys dont have to revise your targets to 2 digits or single digits .
  4. The car looks ugly from inside and back. Same interiors like Etios (same platform). I had visited Toyota showroom while doing research for sedan. ~7.8 L for top variant, 12 months waiting for Etios. That car just looks like a dubba. To be honest, I felt it like State Transport bus where the sits are riveted to the base. I have never seen too many Etios's on the road even when they were saying that there was flood of bookings. Yes engine and service might be better however now Indians demand more with competition and various options available. IMO the car should have balance between looks and engine when you say VFM. In that matter, TATA manza/Dzire "felt" better. I don't think Punto should have any comparison with Liva except being hatch.
    I do agree that Fiat needs more advertisement. Look at Fiesta 2011, voice commands are already in Fiat since 2009 and Fiesta has added it as one of the selling point. I had seen "diesel car at the price of petrol" ad on lots of website (for e.g. youtube).
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jazz price reduction new is great for buyers. Honda had to do it, Jazz barely sells.
    But now with this excellent pricing, and knowing the Jazz petrol engine and its excellent space management, other hatchbacks will be impacted for sure. Next few month's sales numbers will be interesting.
    Honda still enjoys a premium brand, compared to other hatch manufacturer. They did mistake by launching this car at so high price, otherwise situation would have been different.
    I see i20 will get most of the impact. Next Polo and Punto.
  6. Gautam where have you got the news of Honda Jazz price cut by 1.75 lakhs ?
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Google it man "honda reduced price of jazz". Every forum is reported this.
  8. Don't you think :

Fiat = हमने पाया ही क्या है, कि कुछ खोये !
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    jazz really is a great machine in my opinion.with the slashed prices it's sales are certainly going to zoom.

Fiat is assuming itself as a Mammoth Elephant taking stroll in jungle and least bothered about the dogs bark....

isn't it a gimmick by FIAT to have exclusivity for its costumers?????? (by not awakening themselves and not keeping abreast with the competitors)
  10. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

The car looks ugly and performs even worse looks like a toad sounds like a frog , rides like a turtle , all said and done the car which we all love which is everything that a car should be doesnt even sell half the numbers of what ETIOS or the LIVA might sell . And if you say Punto shouldnt be compared to a LIVA , what do you suggest should we compare it with ?Linea , maybe ?

The brand recall for brand FIAT is almost close to zero . BUt brand loyalty is almost up there in the 90-100 range . Look at all of us ., We swear by FIAT . BUt FIAT should capitalize on such fan following . I dont know I just feel a little sad that every manufacturer is coming up with some or the other scheme or a new model and FIAT is no where in the picture .