1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2011 FIAT cars now even better

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by PaddleShifter, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Cant say for sure about the older models , but 2011 Linea has excellent levels of NVH refinement. The engine , once warmed up is a delight to hear at idle. Yes , hear ! Ive heard the gearshift was ' notchy' in older models. But its smooth in the 2011 one.

So , maybe FIAT did do some homework and ironed out these irritants.

It only has 70kms on the odo right now , and im expecting it'll be smoother after a few thousand km's.

Gurjinder.
  3. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Gurjinder, If NVH levels of ur brand new car are so good, you would strain urself to hear ur engine once you cross 20k. A warmed up mjd is difficult to hear once u are all rolled up. As I see from ur posts on the TFI that you know abt the automobiles. Still I would like to be repetitive and suggest a good run-in for ur brand new engine. Good Luck friend with ur linea.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Thanks Vijyant. Advice taken.

Im not straining the car as of now, but varying the engine RPM's. Since its an established fact that constant RPM's ( driving at a set RPM for extended periods) on a new engine will do more harm than good.

And , i religiously follow idling the engine after starting , and before switching it off.

Gurjinder.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I agree with Vijyant, the engine of fiat cars becomes more smooth or rather free at the longer kilometers, You will surely feel the difference once you cross 10000 kms, :car