1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2011 FIAT cars now even better

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by PaddleShifter, Feb 14, 2011.

1. those improvements are getting better...
    but then new issues have started..

I have a wierd sound from my rear right drum in my punto 1.3mjd epk.
    that sound occours only some times during breaking...
    the intesity of the sound increases if we foot the brake pedal or else a small sound is heard..
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The fit and finish has improved drastically, come on guys give some space for the FIATians all the issue will be sorted out, Fiat's are driven by intelligence.
  3. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks PaddleShifter for this wonderful work.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    FIAT has reduced Weight of 2010 & 2011 cars. ::pP

I fear that buid quality is affected due to reduction in weight ? :devilface

If not then how FIAT managed weight reduction without comprimising buid quality ? ::O

Is there anyone who can clear this doubt ? :anyone
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Bhai,reduction in weight may have been due to the removal of 3rd head rest,ash tray etc!!!! ::O :lol: ::V
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No

FIAT has reduced 60 KG. :shocked

This figure can't be sum of 3rd head rest ,ashtray or other accessories.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Add two speakers too! Initially they were giving six speakers, now it's only four I hear!
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well I am not sure but FIAT seems to have reduced the weight to increase FE further and bring some peppiness to the drive so that Maruti/Hyundai fans can rejoice (DudIndica has been criticizing FIAT since day 1 without owning one ever).

I have driven Bones' 2011 Punto and can assure that his car is quite zippy. I loved the way it accelerates. Even he admits that he is getting the similar performance that he used to get from his Fiesta that he owned during 2006-2007.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I also think so. Swift and Ritz share the same engine but Ritz heavier than swift is slightly sluggish than Swift(both petrol and diesel). Those who are criticizing MJD should remember that they are comparing two vehicles which differ by ~150 kg. Let them fit the same MJD in Maruti and then compare. Or otherwise fit the DDIS in Punto and drive it. Then only they will realize the beauty of MJD.
  10. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Guys, its coz FIAT is now using an even better quality metal for manufacturing its cars.
    The steel is lighter yet stronger.
    I'll search for the link and post it. So just don't worry about the robustness of FIAT cars. :)