1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2011 FIAT cars now even better

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by PaddleShifter, Feb 14, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Why is everybody saying such words for older cars? ::pP Well, even I own a car from older batch. I agree that there aint much difference wrt to fit and finish. The only area where f&f has improved is the keyhole.

I want to highlight and discuss the fact that NVH and second gear in a 2011 Punto I drove recently was much better than what I have noticed in other cars.

See the quoted text here:
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    FIAT has not changed gear ratio of 2011 batch cars.
    But I agree that if anyone is getting such type of acceleration,there is one reason behind it.
    I have also got experience for 3-4 times same as Dr.Yashik.
    I have searched one possibility about this strange act of MJD. But I will disclose after doing trial & error. :)
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Last Sunday, I was taking a stroll in our Apartment society. In one of the buildings in our society, I saw Linea MJD emotion pk FTA parked. It was a recent model (regn no.). I went around & checked just out of curiosity - just a brief overview. 2 things immediately strike me - the Cowl (plastic where windshield meets bonnet) corners are beautifully aligned. In my Linea right side corner slowly slowly started to raise its head & one fine day got broken. Now at the end of 2nd year the left side corner has started to raise its head.

The other immediate difference is the PERFECT alignment of front bumper with the Grill & body. None of the earlier Linea's I saw had this alignment proper.

I immediately thought of owners feedback & improvement on it subsequently - thought that next time when I login TFI, I'll post it. Next day i.e. 14th Feb Yashik posted this wonderful comparo.
  4. bones

believe me guys the difference is quite obvious , yashik and me spent quite a lot of time comparing the two vehicles
  5. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    +1 to fastlove, this is indeed blown out of proportion.

However, there is an evident difference in the fit and finish. I can say this as i have sold Linea right when it was launched!

As far as the better acceleration is concerned, i think it has something to do with the weight reduction in all FIAT cars. (about 50-60kgs)
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Re: Re: 2011 FIAT cars now even better

Amit - I am surely lucky then :)
    And you have had a very close look at all these supposedly weak areas of f&f in my Linea ...maybe the quality check is more stringent now. So lesser no. of poorly assembled cars.

I remember Peter (drifter) telling me that its a very normal thing for car manufacturers to do these improvements (more with weight reduction , power, acc etc as mentioned by ichimaru) as a evolution cycle of a successful model. This, however, don't necessarily hold good for certain Japanese car makers.

But, my observation, and also rightly stated by most of you... This mean machine called Fiat Linea just grows every damn mile you clock and has a self improvement happening with it :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  7. Axn

Axn Regolare

Re: 2011 FIAT cars just got better- FIAT Punto TFI special

+1 to every thing which is written. I own a june 2009 model purchased on 11.07.09, I am still waiting for interior to fall apart. EVERYTHING SINGLE THING IS STILL WORKING, ASTONISHINGLY THOUGH, EXACTLY AS IT WAS INTENDED TO WORK IN FIRST PLACE. EVERY SINGLE THING.....gosh why i bought fiat????? nothing is failing....
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Re: New FIAT cars just got better- FIAT Punto TFI special

I have an experience to share with respect to load. My Linea was comfortable discharging its duties for close to 300 Kms with six people on board - 3 heavy and 3 average. No qualms on that. In fact even the first service was not completed then.

@"Doc" it was indeed fantastic comparing the two editions. Thanks for the update.

Sad to note that the first few centers are up only in Delhi and Pune. FIAT go out in full swing and roll out more. Enough is enough on your partnership with TATA.
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Even i took my Punto to Hyd Airport once with 6 on board and touched 140 easily... Mine is 1.2 FIRE.... It is only that the initial days FIAT cars feel sluggish and then they are really good...
  10. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

I bought Linea 1.3 Diesel Em. Pk. on 6 Feb. My Chassis no. ends with AMZ . can anyone confirm that is a 2011 model. I didn't get any discount on the car because I wanted to buy 2011 model. Its not mention in the invoice, but written on insurance certificate. The sales guy told me that I shall get a Smart card(RTO) where it will be mention on that also.

There is gap in the dashboard drawer. I think its standard in fiat :evilsmile