1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2011 FIAT cars now even better

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by PaddleShifter, Feb 14, 2011.

1. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Re: New FIAT cars just got better- FIAT Punto TFI special

Very good report with nice write-up and correct photo proofs.
    Keep it up. FIAT car engines improves with more running. After almost 1,50,000 kms , my padmini is super silent. If bonet is put, you can't make out engine is running except small tapet noise. After 1,00,000+ kms my Uno(D) was giving almost 20-21 mileage.
    Alternatively if we see any Japanese/korean engines, they become "khatara" after 80/90k kms. I have also noticed the load pulling capacity of FIAT engines. It may not have very super speed pickup but even if you put 6-7 persons inside car, still it pulls with the same pickup. Japanese/korean engines just get upset with full 5 persons load.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Great comparison Yashik. And perfect catch and detailed explanation of every aspect.

When I talked to Mr. Mangesh last year, during Fiat Camp, he told same thing, Fiat does some correction after hearing feedbacks. Hope new owners will tell more about so called quality improvements.

Frankly when I bought my Punto, never cared about these things, and believe me these things still don't bother me in my car.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks a lot Italia_Linea, Bnzjon, Ichimaru, kr_vasudev, Tony, Nk4Fiat sir and Mr. Ravi for the positive comments. :)
    There were a lot of questions these days regarding quality and other upgrades in the 2011 models. So I decided to post a comparison.

@Mods- Thanks for re-ordering the photos. But, can you please re-order some of the pics at the bottom???
    Correct order is pic 6, 6a and then pic 7. Currently, they are arranged as 7, 6a and 6. :anyone
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

I have the same kind of cabin lights [theatre dimming type] in my 2009 Punto ...
    Anyways nice comparo ........

Dilip
  5. Re: New FIAT cars just got better- FIAT Punto TFI special

Awesome work Yashik, Thanks for doing a great job. Cheers!!!
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras

awesome comparison!
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai

Terrific work Yashik. Appreciate the time you have given to prove the point. You made it right buddy! ::T
  8. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Re: 2011 FIAT cars just got better- FIAT Punto TFI special

Hey Thanks Yashik for the comparo! You know I was in the same confusion of 2010 model or 2011.. This thread makes me go for 2011!! ::T

Rated this thread 5 Stars. :mrgreen:
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    2011 FIAT cars just got better- FIAT Punto TFI special

Amen to that Ravi. Until the car drives the same way I don't care.

But great effort there Yashik. Hope thy launch a 1.6 MJD on Linea to take on competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Re: 2011 FIAT cars just got better- FIAT Punto TFI special

I can understand why Fiat is silent on these salient improvements. Moment they say..." new, improved interiors", detractors will start cursing them for providing "supposedly" third class interiors in the first place.

Great comparo Yashik. Fiat makes great cars and that is the bottom line.