1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2009 Linea MJD Epk: 4th yr service @63,880kms costing a whooping 63,000!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Avinash, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Got an update. Due to excessive rat bite, the whole electrical wiring has gone mayhem. Right now, Fiat Service guys from Pune are directly giving directions, through online monitoring, to the service team @Ramkay. By Monday, I will be updated once again regarding the status of the work.

Btw, one of my relative had gone there to check; and he had clicked some pics. Will upload once I receive them.
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Avinash - any current updates?
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The car was delivered last week itself I suppose. I was informed by the SA at Ramkay.
  4. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, sorry for not updating this thread for a while!

First of all, the car is still with RAMKAY. They have charged an extra amount of Rs.57,000. So the total comes to 62+57K = 1.19 Lakhs!

My dad has decided to file a lawsuit. But negotiations are still going on.

The scenario:

As I reported earlier that the new BCM they sourced wasn't working with my car, they finally sorted out the issue and pointed out that the BCM didn't work, as the there was 'some' (i wasn't told in detail about it) problem with the music system.

I was later asked for the ''music system electronic code'', which I didn't receive during the purchase of the car (from Tafe-Reach Chennai). All I got was the normal electronic code. When I told them, they said they can't do anything without the code.

They later came up with one more option, they said, in order to make the BCM work, the music system has to be repaired or replaced. Since the music system code wasn't with us, they said it has to be replaced; or just drive the car without any ICE, including Microsoft's B&M!

When I asked them to contact Blaupunkt, they said they did contact Blaupunkt, but Blaupunkt has refused to service the music system, as now Blaupunkt has no deal with FIAT whatsoever. Their deal ended with FIAT-TATA break up.

People having Blaupunkt systems, beware!!! Or better be careful with that mystery music system code!

All the music systems that come with the current generation are not Blaupunkt and are from some other brand that costs Rs.16,000 only! The Blaupunkt system that came with 2009-10 models costs around Rs.30,000.

Finally, they replaced the Blaupunkt system with the current one that's being fitted with post 2010 models. And finally the BCM worked! (I have no clue on how the music system sensors had an effect over BCM of the car) No in-depth explanations were given.

Until now, no explanations were given as on why the BCM failed after the first intermediate service of 61K. All they said was, the electrical wirings connected to BCM were damaged by rat bite, & so it has to be replaced. But, why wasn't this diagnosed at the first place? Why was it after almost 50 days?

Got a call from RAMKAY a week back, saying the car was ready for delivery. Went to Chennai last thursday, and the first surprising thing was the Bill; extra Rs.57,000! Talks went on for a long time. In the meanwhile, I went to check out the car. And guess what, the antenna was ''broken''! Even the broken piece was lying at the roof of the car! I didn't bother to open the car. In no time the antenna was replaced with a new one. Dad was furious already.

We decided not to take delivery of the car.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Can you please post a break up of 1.19 lacs that sc is charging.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The music system code is supposed to be given during delivery and it is our responsibility to store it safe. :)

From 2011 onwards, all music systems are from Delphi. Much before Tata Fiat breakup.

Most or all our electronics are linked to the BCM through canbus network. It is surprising that theu diagnosed that it was something to do with the music system atleast, going by FASS standards.
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Avinash, looking at cost 119K , I was really surprised. Before you go for the lawsuit, get the breakup of each service/replacement they have done and get it verified whether they are all necessary. Sometimes they will take you for ride in replacing some of the parts which may not be required to be changed at that time.
  8. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Will do it once I get back to Pondy. My dad has all the bill detail.

The music system code was not given when we got the car. Just received the car's electronic code.

But at least Blaupunkt should provide it's service, rather than just refusing to do so, by reasoning out that they've no business with FIAT these days.
  9. FIAT_RIDE

FIAT_RIDE

Coimbatore
    Avinash,
    Really you are very cool guy i believe. On seeing the entire post, its clear some amount has been charged extra.
    If they identified the wiring kit was already destroyed, then the issues would have cleared before itself.

These kind of service and the response from the FIAT authorised service centres will reduce the FIAT business in India.