1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2009 Linea MJD Epk: 4th yr service @63,880kms costing a whooping 63,000!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Avinash, Aug 26, 2013.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I would say no. Even after you start getting errors on the MID due to weak battery, you can still drive it a few more thousand kms or months. You can check battery condition and replace it when you find an issue. Tell them not to replace battery now. Then check the battery outside at any good battery shop.
    1 person likes this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Please look at J Ravi's ownership thread.
    If your batt voltage is in the recommend range as specified by the pin up that he has posted then you walk away with a smile
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4-fire/116-my-fabulous-fiat-linea-99.html

As for other problems your facing. I really dont think it will cost so much. like other members have quoted. its almost like you are replacing half your car .

Consider this.
    If your approaching the end of all your warranty (normal warranty + EW) then i will seriously suggest you to look elsewhere to keep your costs down.
    This is a clear case of robbery . choose wisely
    1 person likes this.
  3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Yes sure I will. Same here, all our previous service never crossed 5k. This is the first time. But again, as reported by others, am replacing almost half of my car.

Thanks for the link. Yes, I've been following Ravi Sir's ownership review too for a while. If it costs around 33k for NA 1.4, I feel, +10k for MJD should be normal. Anyways, though mine's an entirely different scenario, am taken for a high ride in this service.
  4. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    UPDATE:

One of my relatives, went to Ramkay to check on my Linea. Mr. Arun had shown him few of the worn out components & the interior ''mess'' caused by the Rats! He said Ramkay was doing a good job, with my Linea.

When I called Mr.Arun to enquire on replacing the suspension, he mentioned that both the front suspensions are now lacking the return action, once the suspension starts to act. So both have to be replaced.

Again, today, just now I got a call, saying the BCM has been completely destroyed by the rat, & that's why the MID was showing passenger side Air-bag failure. And I was informed the BCM costs around Rs.12,000! They don't have a spare BCM. So they've ordered it & mostly it would be reaching in two weeks.

And, I was told that rest all the works have been done. And they're going to TD it again by today evening. I was also informed that I can take delivery of the car by tomorrow, after my TD.

And on speaking with my dad regarding the approximate cost for this service, he just said one thing: ''If there was so much problem with our car, which we were not able to identify all these while (except for the rat part), it's fine, if they rectify everything. Incase if you've a feeling that we're being taken for a ride, shedding out extra 5-8k on paying around 60k for the service is fine, unless everything has been rectified properly & the car is back in perfect condition''.

OT:

All these years, our ''beauty-beast'' has been a part of my family. It might sound weird; but, there's this connection between us. So, yes, I gave the green signal to Ramkay to do all that's required to make it perfect again. And, on saying ''perfect again'' now, am clueless on how an almost perfect car, could be perfect again! Cause, all these 4 years, boy, i always felt my beauty beast to have the same ride, handling, & performance characteristics, & I loved the engine's tune up especially post 30k kms.

To be frank, I've TD the 2012 as well as 2013 MJD. But nothing impressed me as much as the 2009 models did. The lack of outright performance and the carpet ride quality had been missing in the newer ones. No offence to anyone who own the newer models. Just my own ''personal'' opinion. May be your opinion ''might'' change once you TD the 2009 MJD!

PS: Any Chennai Tfi'ans going to RAMKAY service station tomorrow? Would be glad to meet you. I would be reaching there by 3pm.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I am confused that if BCM is destroyed completely, airbag failure msg is the only problem due it it!
    However, request them and and see if they can order it under VOR (vehicle off road) category. if they do, it will come in 3-4 days. dealer has to bear some extra courier charges for VOR.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    2nd UPDATE:

Have paid almost 62K so far! One of my relatives, took the car from RAMKAY, and I went to Chennai on last Monday (9th september) to check it.

The very first impression as soon as I got into the car, was shocking! The dashboard had lots of 'scratches' here & there. How could the service guys be so careless? There was not even a single mark on the dashboard, all these 4 years! I was really upset! The interior roofing was also dirty!

The rear sun brim is now missing! :confused: I had asked them to replace the nets, as even that had suffered little rat bite. But now, the whole sun brim is missing, even the plastic rod is missing!

Then a short drive for 3kms. It was smooth, the clattering noise was no more. Even revved hard quite a few times, felt good. Was not able to drive in an open wide stretch, as I was within the city. One thing I was not satisfied with the drive was, the gear lever. It felt to be quite loosened up, though the sifts were normal.

Left the car with my relative, for fitting new seat covers. And of course, I was promised by RAMKAY that the BCM, airbag sensor, and seat-belt sensor would arrive in less than 4 days.

And today, dad had got a call, saying that it would take another 2 more days for the parts to arrive. And was informed that an additional of maximum 30,000 would be charged. So a total of 90K! Now, it's almost going to be 10 days! The car is still with RAMKAY.

Most probably will be taking delivery by this weekend, as promised by ramkay today.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thats a long bill without any accidents involved.
    Anyway, I was just wondering if rats ate of BCM, which is next to impossible. And if they only ate away few set of wires, I am sure any electrician can take are of it. Replacement of sensors and BCM unit doest make sense, at max replacement of harness could have been done if wires where chopped off.
  8. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, so far all these 4 years, no issues as such, except for rats chewing up abs wires. & now, all of a sudden a bill for almost a lakh! :(

I was informed that the rats are responsible for 30-40K. :confused:

That's exactly I asked when the SA called me. But he said, the parts have taken sufficient damage & has to be replaced. I spoke with my dad about that, he said, lets just proceed with what the SA said.

OT:

One more drawback was that I should have checked the car at the service station frequently, but I was/still not in a position to go to chennai to check the car frequently, as am completely occupied with my final year project, research work, here at VIT, vellore, & all those gre, gate, toefl, exams nearing on. & above all my dad was completely busy with his business schedule. The whole discussion just happened over phone. So for such a huge bill, i feel even i must take the blame, for not frequently checking up directly with the service station! :(
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  9. abhi79

abhi79

Lucknow
    I also got my linea mjd emotion 2009 got serviced at 64000 kms, for 25000 Rs.
    As per service center guys, at 60000 kms , it will be a major service including all fluids change as well as timing chain set change,
    Total parts changed were as following,

Timing chain n sprockets
    Strut mouting pads due to car was making thud noise while steering
    Link rods
    Coolant pump changed under extended warranty
    All fluids
    Air filter

All above items including labour costed me around Rs 25000

While last service cost at 48000 kms was Rs. 8000 only which was including a shocker also.

I believe spare parts cost for fiat is somewhat on higher side as compared to Marutis but more importantly these are the service center guys who created a false urgency to get change many unnecessary parts.
    So better be aware
  10. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Exactly, that's what I too feel; Spare parts are 'slightly' on the higher side, when compared with other brands, leaving Skoada & VW. And yes, it's the service centre guys who are trying to loot money from us! :(

UPDATE:

First and foremost, just three words, ''Totally pissed off''.

Still the car hasn't been delivered yet! I wonder what on earth the the service team at RAMKAY are doing! All they said was almost all parts were replaced & they were waiting for BCM and the passenger seat belt sensor. I was promised by Mr.Arun that they would deliver the car two weeks back; and till now, they haven't.

Every time, my dad makes a call, they keep on saying the part would arrive in two-three days time; and they have extended it till this day! What not, now my dad was informed the part had arrived; but needed to be fixed.

It's been almost two months; So far the previous services were done at Concorde and VST Chennai, faced no issues like this before. Even during the 4th service, when the car was left at Concorde Chennai for complete service including the same complaint of ABS failure due to rat bite, they delivered the car on time, as promised by them.