1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2000 k in Megestic linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Mabams1826, May 31, 2014.

1. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi friends ! Thanks for the warm welcome by Mr.Ravi.Just like to share my first 45 days with 1.3 mjd linea emotion.I am a sales person and in the field for 17 yes.Main vehicle I drive is a two wheeler.After humble Ind Suzuki(2 nds) and work horse calibre( done 2 lac ks) I now have a Cbz extreme. Our first car ( wife also drives) Zen, then new vista qudra jet and now linea.done 40 k and 90 k in both vehicles before linea.
    After a hectic research when we decided to change vista, we zeored on on linea as we got top end emotion mjd for 9.8 lac with free Teflon and reverse parking sensor. Though our budget was only 8.5 we stretched it a bit for our white beauty.
    My initial experience
    Great looks, style as written million times by others.Felt a bit under powered when compared to vista.Less spacious as well in the rear.Excellent driving comfort and feel secured always.Mainly driven in highways 90 to 100 km speed, average Mileage 15 to 16 kmpl.
    Not much of other issue feel headlight is poor, need advice from forum
  2. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome Mabams to TFI and am very glad to see Erode TFI an :)

I felt Linea seems to be bit under power when it cross 140+ kmph till then I don't see Linea is under power. Mostly our driving should be within 120 kmph, within that speed limit if you feel it's under power, try to downshift the gear and press the throttle more, you will see the difference. For rapid acceleration, try shifting gears in 2000+ rpm.

For me Linea's headlight seems to be more than adequate, if you need more, you can update the bulb, think we have some thread regarding upgrading bulbs, it will have more detailed info.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks a lot crazy Fiatian.Well we now have a new Fiat dealer, Marvel Fiat hence you can have a good num of Fiat owners in coming days.Adjusting to down shift when I feel power is inadequate. Hoping to change stock bulb with Philips blue 4300k , which is 2200k in ebay for a pair of H1 & H7,what does the forum feel about this
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    You've done only 2K in the Linea, so I would suggest that you wait for some more time for the engine to open up.
    The MJD engine would open up after 5K till 10K and then you'll experience the actual potential of the engine.
    The engine is little sluggish in the low range and it makes city commute frustrating at times but whenever you give this car some open space like in the highways, it becomes a different character. One way to overcome this problem is to go for a remap.

For the light problem shift to NB+ or Philips extreme vision which can fit in the stock holders. If you're not satisfied with this then you will have to think about projectors with HID bulbs in the low beam, but that would be a costly affair.

Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @mabams1826,

Heartiest congratulations on owning a Linea MJD:dance. White colour makes the Linea stand out among the crowd. Can you write a bit more in detail about your buying experience and throw in a lot of Pics. Dont forget to mention Ravi Sir's name coz he influenced your decision making isnt it? How has been the dealership experience since Marvel Fiat is a new dealer, how was the treatment given? How does the workshop look like?

Why so you feel the need to change the stock bulbs? Is it inadaquate? :confused:

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

PS: What does Mabams1826 stand for??:confused1
  6. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi ghodlur!
    Thanks for warm wishes.well regarding my buying experience,once we decided to stretch our budget a bit from 8.5 lac,We decided to have look at all compact sedans and full size sedans.I was offered fully loaded Ford fiesta for 8.5 lac which my wife turned out immediatley as she felt diesel engine of Fiesta was not in the sane class of multijet(we were driving vista).Vento,Verna and City were too expensive and had some negative points.We zoomed into Fiat mainly its was the same engine which we are used to,great build quality, excellent design and last but not least,since Marvel Fiat had just started in our place and he was fighting hard to survive, we were offered Multijet Emotion for 9.8 lac along with reverse parking sensor and Teflon coat.(2012 model, Jan 2014 manufactured).This was mainly due to the young sales personnel from Marvel Fiat who made this happen.
    regarding their work shop that's the grey area, they are in a make shift showroom and work shop with very basic machinery and personnel and Fiat India had given them a dead line till August to shift to a full fledged place,which I am waiting fingers crossed.
    I was really thrilled to read and know about Ravi sir,But I came to know about the forum only couple of weeks back after buying the vehicle.Will post some pictures soon.
    1 person likes this.
  7. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Welcome to TFI. Please post your beauty pictures and that is mandatory :D.Happy to see a dealer in Erode. This fills up the area btwn Coimbatore and Trichy to a good extent :D.