1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2 years with my punto-serati.and still many more 2 come!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Punto834, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Punto834

Punto834 Timido

Hello everybody on the forum!! im a complete novice as to posting on forums ,so mistakes if any request the mods to kindlybear with me .
    My love for fiat cars was inherited by me from my father.way back in 1984 when my father bought home a sparkling white premier padmini with those white circular strip on tyres on my birthday.as any kid would do seeing a car in the porch, I jumped up & down wid joy!!!! I grew up wid that car until 6 yrs later when my dad had taken her to Mumbai(then Bombay),she was taken away(yes she got stolen).it broke my heart ,though we had another car soon after dat being a omni van.but still nothing could and nothing can lessen/diminish the nostalgia of a fiat.Had ample of opportunities to get behind the wheel of Uno,palio and siena.Palio being the one dat always topping the driving experience(it was a friends 1.9 diesel) once I learnt driving.
    I owned a zen(98 carburetted version) prior to my punto,well actually it was my cousin's 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] hand buy ,transferred to me .it gave me good company for years.but I always wanted a fiat parked in my garage.

And it had to be a hatch!!my checklist was quite the following:

1. Wanted a diesel motor,with a decent economy & punch(power)
    2. Aggressive &,masculine styling
    3. Should be a complete DRIVER’S CAR
    4. Budget was 6.5 lakhs(OTR)
    5. should be kind off exclusive.
    PUNTO had all the check boxes checked ,So it would be coming home was the decision taken in the month of august 2011 soon after a Test drive and hours of drooling prior to that .(I had to wait for 2 hrs for the TD vehicle to arrive)In Goa we have only one dealer i.e Auto Industries Goa Pvt .Ltd. so booked a Punto DI Dynamic and the colour was FOX TROT AZURE ( im a sucker for BLUE,electric blue was discontinued).Delivery was promised by the dealer by end of September.meanwhile competed all the formalities,i.e banking,R.T.O etc.by myself as I opted for maximum cash discounts and basic accessories only .Finally on the 30[SUP]th[/SUP] Sept 2011 I brought home MY PUNTO-SERATI..
    punto.jpg 331044_288292901189225_569971122_o.jpg

my puntoserati( as I love to call it) has given me a very satisfied ownership from the time I was handed over the keys.as per my checklist

1. it has a proven engine, with quite the decency in terms of torque/power & efficiency .i never was bothered about the power to weight ratio and 0-100 timings unless I would be racing for pink slips.gives 15kmpl in city(100% AC usage)& 20 .3 Kmpl (100% AC usage) on highways for spirited driving(above 130 kh/hr) & sedate driving till 110 km/hr returns a healthy 21.9 kmpl
    2. Handles like a FIAT!! True to its character never felt nervous at speeds in excess of 160 km/hr.(whether its braking or steering feed back)
    3. The suspension set up is the best according to me as it gorges on the potholes.
    4. Easily is the best looking hatch on the Indian roads in my opinion.(it sure turns heads!!)
    5. I opted for the dynamic as it was in my budget zone,costed me 5.8 lkhs, besides me being the one who likes to get my ride personalized. The only things I missed was probably ABS ,airbags .rest all I managed with the after market add ons.
    it has been a little more than two years with my puntoserati and clocked more then 30k kms,I have had to deal with only one Authorised Service Centre-Auto Industries .except for normal servicing(5k,15k &30k) and re-placement of front (replaced them @22324 kms ) I have’nt visited them .(touch wood!!)I have issues with them but I guess I will have to post it in a separate thread. So Far So good and truly it has been one of the best of the cars ive owned till date…!!
    12.jpg 13.jpg
    4 people like this.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and welcome to TFI,
    well in the 1st picture there is no Antenna, and the door handles and the OSRVM are black, did you opt for that, or it came with Dynamic Punto.
  3. Punto834

Punto834 Timido

thank you Tony:)i brought my punto in sept 2011,so at that time DYNAMIC had features which the present Active has.i.e the OVRM ,door handles,front grille(upper & lower air dam)came black in colour.i fixed an after market Antenna as Dynamic came without one.
  4. nethan

nethan Amatore

Welcome to TFI.
    Your puntoserati is in great shape and glamourous. I love it. Kudos to you for maintaining her charm and beauty.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Welcome to TFI!! Your Punto looks gorgeous and so does your Zen!

The Punto is a great choice as an upgrade from Zen. Would bring a smile to you everytime you drive, just like the Zen! :)

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. Punto834

Punto834 Timido

@nethan:Thanks you 4 d warm welcome n words of encouragement for my puntoserati.:dancing
    @autofreak:thanks mate:p rightly said by you couldnt think of a another car,its all smiles with the puntoserati!!:cool:
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Welcome to TFI.Nice name which you gave to your Punto,there's a hint of Maserati name in her & she looks like Maserati.PuntoSerarti looks Gorgeous in FTA colour which is a unique & exclusive colour on Punto.Sad to know that you wanted Electric Blue which was discontinued,FTA looks Stunning on Punto.Nice write up of your buying & ownership review.Superb pics.My dad too had owned a Zen but Zen wont come close to Punto for being a true driver's car.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. ASNM

ASNM Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Congratulation & welcome to TFI
    Your puntoserati looks chick.
    I love FOX TROT AZURE but unfortunately Fiat had discontinued this when I bought my ride in Feb-12.

Drive Safe
  9. Punto834

Punto834 Timido

@nadeem ahmedVR46:thank you bhai,you hit the bulls eye,i find it similiar to the quattraporte!!:p and yeah the ZEN is no match for Punto,Zen isnt even in the picture when a punto rolls IMHO:)
    @ASNM:thank you mate,hmnn they kip shuffling with the so called premium shades,first they discontinues electric blue,den Foxtrot Azure,next on the list mite be oceanic blue:uhbt either ways a PUNTO IS A PUNTO...GIVE IT ANY COLOUR..BTW wats ur ride colour??
    Driving safe ,cheers!!
  10. ASNM

ASNM Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Very likely oceanic blue could be the next one to go.

Mine is medium gray.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013