1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2 years with EXOTICA RED PUNTO MJD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Amarpreet, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Amarpreet

Amarpreet

Hi all,

Let me introduce myself first.
    Am AMARPREET SINGH from faridabad (Haryana). Art Director in online media by profession.
    Like everybody here, am fan of FIAT punto and own one from last two years (odo reading 28000+).

I would like to share my thoughts of my experience so far
    1. As me a designer, fell in love with punto design at first sight
    2. Love the build quality and ride/handling manners
    3. Love the ferrari exotica red paint
    4. Fuel economy ranges from 18kpl to 21 kpl. But if you drive less and in stop go traffic it comea to 12-13kpl
    5. Hate the dealer experience. Salesman was good and after sale service is horrible
    6. Rust started showing on bonnet, all the doors and the tail gate section. Fiat says only one year warranty and then you are on your own
    7. Clutch component was the company issue. Got it changed under warranty twice.Something called "clutch retro" by mechanics
    8. Have extended warranty, so saved my money in getting the both front shocker mounts replaced -twice and rear shocker once
    9. Service costs are higher like luxuries cars. Spend atleast more than 6000k on every service. Dealers come out with innovative ideas to rob you by putting extra work on the name of service
    10. Though admire my car everyday and try to keep it in mint condition but the rust and dealer service issues compel me to sell it off once the EMI's are paid.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Amarpreet to TFI,
    The dealers experience is all we hate due to the TASS, Hope it would be sorted out by 2012.
    Could not see the Image of your Ferrari beauty
  3. Amarpreet Ji,

Welcome to TFI,

I read some where that Fiat offering 5 year warranty for paint & rust. You please check the warranty card carefully.

got the source.

take care.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  4. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rust ? thats very rare in a fiat. do u have a covered parking? but thats no reason for rust appearing in two years.
  5. Amarpreet

Amarpreet

Here's the image buddy ...
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  6. Amarpreet

Amarpreet

My EXOTICA RED PUNTO pic

Yes its covered parking.

IMG_0605_3.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Beautiful.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Amar those black stripes really look cool :up .Simply beautiful.
  9. Rust is very common in Fiat, even in TATA - Fiat showrooms rust can be found in Fiat Cars. search this forum, you will understand.

But any how, they are trying to support well through TATA-Fiat Service Centers, one can write email for complaining, they will cover in warranty.
  10. Amarpreet

Amarpreet

Thanks Cinju

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Today, I registered my complaint at PUNE Headquarters. They said they would get in touch on this issue. Lets see......