1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2 or more FIATs in the house. Please intoduce yourself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pauleralil, Nov 16, 2012.

1. winimation

winimation Amatore

The reason for going with the 2nd car as Linea was requirement of a 2nd car, luxury of a sedan, satisfaction of driving a FIAT & the benefit of a diesel engine.

Though I'm enjoying the extra benefits offered in linea 2012 which were not present in Punto, I've noticed that there are certain thing which are offered in Punto but not in Linea (maybe for model or for hatchback/sedan reason). Here I'm covering only those features which are present in Punto but not in Linea. I wonder why??
    - Punto has a cigarette lighter but Linea doesn't ???
    - Punto has a rear wiper but Linea doesn't??
    - Punto has a Blaupunkt system whereas Linea has a delphi?? Diff is in sound quality being inferior in Linea b'cos Equalizer & bass/Treble do not work in parallel in Delphi. Setting one of them overrides the setting of other. This works flawleslly in Blaupunkt in parallel.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Cigerette Lighter - I think linea has one
    Rear Wiper - none of the Sedans have this feature. Not sure why though.
    Blaupunkt - I think FIAT keep changing vendor and products btw its cars. My 2011 Linea emo pk had a Blaupankt set and it works without any issues. Let me check which set comes with my GP..
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

You are right, Pauleralil.
    Because, a sedan's rear windshield does not gather dust as much as a hatchback's does.
    Again, you are correct. My Linea has got Blaupunkt system.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

Only sedan that has rear wiper is Accent Viva. It looks horrible:D
    2 people like this.
  5. Not all Linea's have it. In fact most cars I believe late 2010 on-wards or maybe even 2011 on-wards did not have cigar lighters due to some anti-tobacco move. I've read about it somewhere but do not remember the same now.

My Linea, Jan2011 manufactured does not have the lighter. Has only the power socket!
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    A pic of the Jet and the Palio together.

4 people like this.
  7. winimation

winimation Amatore

My Linea has a power socket & no cigarette lighter. Though i don't smoke I was wondering if it has been intentionally not offered or the assumption is owners of linea should not smoke :) whereas Punto owners can.. :eek: But if its an anti tobacco move then it fine as long as feature does not exist in the current lot of Puntos

Rear Wiper- I'm sure why should sedan do not have this feature. While driving in heavy rains, there is no visibility in the rear window. In punto, this works great. The logic the rear windows have a diff glass does not stand correct as my rear visibility gets reduced during the rains in Linea.

Music system- Fiat changing vendors is not an issue as long as the features of the product remain the same. In this the functionality has changed. I have the linea 2012 so was suprised to see Blaupunkt missing.

The best feature which I appreciate in Linea & not present in the older Puntos/ Linea are
    - Higher ground clearance. Have scrapped the bottom only once.
    - Auto Headlamps
    - Rain Sensing Wipers (Although the sensitivity is difficult to adjust)
    - Very light power steering. Punto was much heavy
    - Extra efficient AC
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Punto 1.3 MJD my work horse - 2010
    Palio 1.6 GTX the wicked horse - bought in 2012 but manufactured in 2001

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  9. Fiatian

Fiatian Novizio

Fiat Uno Fire 1998 Petrol White
    Fiat Punto MJD 2012 Diesel BNW