1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2 Month Old 90 HP Evo - Tyre Torn at side

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Joe_Gunner, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Friends, require your advice.

When I was about to take my car for work, I noticed my right front Tyre was completely deflated, on closer inspection there was more than an inch long tear in the side. As I was in an hurry for a morning meeting, I forgot to take picture.

What should I do next?
    I am planning to call the service center.
    Will Fiat replace the tyre or it can be repaired?
    Pls advise.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Joe_Gunner

Give a call to the Workshop and let them know of the issue. If its manufacturing defect, then you will get the tyre replaced in warranty. If not, then you will have to bear the cost of the tyre. Unless we see the picture will not be able to make out the difference.

What tyres did your Evo come with?? Do you have a separate warranty card for the same??
  3. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I need to check on the warranty part, it came with apollo alnac 4g.
    I called up customer care, they have arranged for RSA to replace the tyre with stepney.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Joe_Gunner

Stepney needs to be used in emergency conditions only. Don't ask the FASS to replace the damaged tyre with spare without proper investigation and assurance that the damaged tyre will be replaced under warranty. IMHO don't run the car with stepney for normal runs to office.
  5. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I need the stepney to put the car in parking space.
    RSA was efficient.
    I called up the service center, I am taking the tyre to them to pursue the claim with Apollo.
    I just checked with a tyre shop, apollo alnac 45 195/55 R16 costs a whopping 6200.
    For side wall tear, no company gives it except for goodyear, anyways let me try my luck.
  6. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @Joe_Gunner Are you sure about GoodYear ? I guess only company to offer replacement in case of sidewall tear is CEAT.
  7. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I too had a sidewall rupture (same apollo alnac 4g) three months back. Warranty claim was rejected by apollo as it is a sidewall crack. But they agreed to provide me a new tyre with 70% discount since the tyre had run only 700kms at that time. But the process took some time. So I opted for a bridgestone without any discount. You can try your luck.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @carl_jhonson @Joe_Gunner

Have you guys raised this issue with Fiat customer care? if not done, pls do so so that Fiat at least start looking at the issue if Alnacs genuinely do have a problem with a particular batch used on Fiat cars. If no response on customer care, post on their FB.

Please ensure that you do the above after confirming that its a manufacturing defect and not due to your own follies.
  9. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Revv - One of my pal got refund ... Goodyear is not finicky
    Can we ride using different tyre brands?
    Even mine is a minimal grey!!
    I guess we both took our cars from Ramkay Fiat.
  10. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Mine was not a manufacturing defect. I was driving to hometown when the tyre burst.