1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1yr. Ownership: Linea MJD Oceanic Blue

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by l13mjd, Oct 13, 2013.

1. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Wow! And why would that be, by the by?

As I had found out in the course of my change, I have the same part number installed in my MJet as was in another member's TJet... I'll be coming to Pune sometime next month.. Maybe someone would meet there and figure it out once and for all! :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This means that either you have got the T-Jet's suspension or the T-Jet owner should have got the MJD's suspension. :D
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I mailed Madurai dealer on Aug when I was deciding on Tjet about downgrading (but later changed to MJD) and I got the below reply..This should be for MJD as well.
    ""All four struts will have to be changed along with the rear springs. Once this is complete, wheel alignment will have to be performed with the old Linea's readings ""

So I believe it will not be something like a complete setup/package but part by part fittings;) as per Tjet,MJD...

@l13mjd
    mjd ,so your current setup is 170 mm as that of Tjet's (pre20120) and not Mjd's:rolleyes:..Also ,Can you please mention the ride/handling difference after downgrading..It is enough read but I am still curious :) The heat turned up on me when I saw your Linea downgraded which I was exactly looking in the Internet here and there

@Ram
    Ram,so what would be the final GC I would get if I opt for pre2012 for my MJD ? ((I feel the pain when I see a Linea with raised boot running :( and a Vento/Rapid looking gorgeous when it passes near to it on the road)) I dont think I will forget this thing even after some kms as I repeatedly say I want the old Gold back and not the current setup:(
  4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Bharath, on an MJet, if you are on 15inch wheels, you will have 161mm clearance. If you are on 16inch rubber, your clearance will beef up to 166mm for MJD. TJet is 170mm due to it being a petrol engine with that extra 4mm clearance (166mm) plus 16inch wheels (166 + 4mm = 170mm total). Linea FIRE 1.4 clearance was 165mm with 15inch rubber. Basically, MJet will have 4mm less clearance than TJet on the same wheels, 15 or 16 inch.

And yes, two front struts, two rear ones, and two rear springs are all for Linea. Nothing else needs changing. When you do make the move, go ONLY for Cofap made in Poland and Made in Brazil struts. Make sure there is no word 'endurance' anywhere on the strut or you will not get what you are paying for. Endurance struts are not the 'gold' struts that you would think you're paying for.

The ride difference? I'll just say one sentence for it: I'm in peace. But if you want more details, I don't get jarring noises, I don't get swayed uncontrollably, I don't get weird looks from co-passenger and overall, I am happy I spent 12,807 for it in Ahmedabad. I can say, these were the most satisfying 12,807 I ever spent.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  5. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks MJD...This is so encouraging :D..I was exactly looking for this and I believe 166mm should be enough to avoid the speed breakers..Can you mention the part numbers if poosible ? I might for go for this setup in the first service or so:).
  6. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome review dude!!! I would say its a value for money and the luxurious car in the segment. Loved all pics expect the damaged one :( .

Does AC really matters for the FE. I was in the impression that AC shouldn't affect FE , not more than 10% .
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    10%...? Buddy, this figure was one way 'to'. While coming back 'fro', I kept ac on and drove exactly the same way. Mileage dropped to 26 kmpl.

Same thing today, on the same stretch I repeated the same performance, same figures (31.4kmpl) for the same distance and place covered without air conditioner. While coming back, AC on and mileage when parked at home reported 25kmpl.

So, on average, it's a 6-7kmpl drop when AC switched on.

8. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So you say it affects about 20% of the FE ..... just to my knowledge dont want to deep dive into it :) .......... What was the Fan blower speed when you come back ? I read lesser the blower speed shouldnt affect much. the Auto AC should take care of it once you set the temperature.
  9. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I set the fan blower speed to just a notch below where it does not make irritating noise.. So let's say one notch below half.. give or take.

10. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cool .... let me test it out thanks for the info:)