1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1yr. Ownership: Linea MJD Oceanic Blue

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by l13mjd, Oct 13, 2013.

1. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations for the first anniversary. Nice pictures captured. One question, you mentioned that you have lowered the GC to 2012. Is there any specific problem that you have faced? Was it a general issue or at high speed say around 90 kph. I booked my new linea and getting delivered tomorrow after registration. If I face similar problem, then I will know what needs to be done.
    2 people like this.
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Thank you for your comments and congratulations on the splendid decision of buying a FIAT. With normal care and love like a child, your vehicle will reward you with happy Lineametres and will bring an intangible joy and smile to you. Enjoy your FIAT.

REGARDING GROUND CLEARANCE:

Don't bother for the moment. My issue was that after about 9,000 km I found that potholes took a notorious love towards me. And I used to shake inside the car to the rhythm of the road. I figured this was to do with the make of the suspension, and I reverted to the old setup because of the stance as well as the ride comfort ONLY IN RESPECT WITH PRE 2012 SUSPENSION LINEAS.

Linea is among the best handling cars in the price bracket as well as one or two brackets above it. You wouldn't notice a problem unless it makes itself apparent or you have driven a Linea with pre 2012 suspension. Also, I can confidently venture and say that the low ground clearance issue exists with those gentle folk who have a license but do not know what driving is. They drive insensate to the road and for hat matter, they can bottom out even a military truck and will crib about its ground clearance.

What I'll recommend is to not worry and just go ahead and drive your vehicle and should it give out any reason to worry, we the community are here to assist, always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the update. Definitely Linea is the best handling cars in the segment. What I felt was, it would be much great if they are also take care of the fittings. I could see most of the cars comes with miss-fitment including mine (around key console and near ticket holder). I will get my Linea tomorrow after RTO formalities. BTW, is under chassis pending is required for new Linea?
  4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Under chassis pending? I'm sorry I didn't get you. Do you mean coating or anything? If so, no; Linea comes with underbody coating and two years warranty on that coating (mine did two years, yours maybe two or maybe three, because now they offer 3 years warranty).

5. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore

Thanks Dhaya for the question and L13MJD for the answer:
    I am certainly one among the fellows who are disturbed by the post2012 Linea suspension (as somebody said "Linea on high heels":eek:).I understand that the driving dynamics are not so disturbed but I prefer the former Linea with perfect posture ,ride and handling.Looking at the pre2012 supension setup Linea, I am just provoked to do the same for my Linea MJD (which I have booked recently and would arrive by this week) atleast after 5K KM.

@L13MJD ,Can you mention whether the suspension was ordered new ? Is it the 170 mm of Tjet's ? I read that it was not done by the service center.Can you elaborate on about the work done,difference between the ride,handling and comfort before and after the work ?I have the same mindset as that of you and afterall we buy a Fiat for its beauty,ride,handling and comfort:)

I jsut simply dont like this post suspension work done by Fiat:(
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I will/wish, if only you said Monica Bellucci :D She deserves to be called atleast ;)
    2 people like this.
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    ^^ :-D

@bharath, suspension is available over the counter fresh. It's just called pre2012 setup or setup before ground clearance upgrade.

To the best of my knowledge the setup is same for TJet and MJet. On the MJet with 16 alloys the height is 166mm while it is 4mm more on the TJet with 16 alloys. This is due to petrol and Diesel engines and not the suspension.

8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Suspension for T-Jet and MJD is same from 2012 models. If you are looking at Pre-2012, suspension for MJD and T-Jet are different.
  9. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    But as I had told in that suspension thread, the people at the service centre will use the exact same suspension in the TJet that they used in my MJet ...

10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It should not be. If they do, which means that they are ignorant. Part number for MJD and 1.4 are different and also price varies too. T-Jet suspension is clearly stiff from my experience and I am guessing Fiat uses the same suspension in 1.4 FIRE too.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.