1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1st step towards modification.. angel eyes projector Fog Light

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by romsi_rk, May 29, 2011.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    What temperature HID's are you adding?
  2. 6000K temp
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    No!!!! U wont be able to see anything!! Go for 3200k!!
  4. Well Jishnu.. I am using the fog for the last 2 days and i am not finding it difficult driving, not driven in the rain, will have to check that out also.
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    You wont be able to see anything when there is glare from the opposite direction. I had 6000k in my logan, couldn't see a single thing properly. Ya you can see the road markers well, but what's the use if you are not able to see the road itself. That is why companies like Audi use 3200k HID's in the cars.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Visibility in 6000k is not as bad as jinsu sir mentions even against oncoming traffic, its maybe got to do with the quality of the projector, I am running 6000k for more than 9 months now, no such issues. Yes indeed 3200k gives more visibility but u also have to note tht audi uses D1S bulbs and not D2S, also there lense is the clear lens which is highly modified, so drawing a comparison with them wont serve any good. Best is to go for 4500k easily available and great visibility. Also note its not just the temps tht affect light, the ballast should also be considered. So one must look at the whole package to get the best out of it
  7. I will upload pics tomorrow with the projectors on and maybe you can see the difference. Actually the projectors came with 6000K bulbs hence didnt have choice over that.

Well Jasveen... you are right. Last 2 days have been using only the fog and visibility is perfect and getting a good wide view of the roads as well
  8. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Reading almost a year old thread and liked the info.
    Controversy or no Controversy , those lights set up of ROMSI looks awesome , and at that price is cheap , and u always have spare headlight available with you . Even without angel eyes glowing , the lights look Fab.
    From personal experience 4300k philips HID kit is best in terms of spread of light also in rain . If that is put into projector than nothing can match(Good quality not chinese) . And battery will be happy too
    Leave fog lights to be OEM .
    1 person likes this.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Best is to stick with 4300k temp. The photochromatic property of white light is such that it gets cut in darkness or reflections from other lights which cause less visibility. This becomes worst in rains.

4300k is best suited in terms of good visibility.
    3 people like this.
  10. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    I remember putting 6000k HID bulbs in stock headlamp of swift , chinese one for 6k rupees and within week shifted to 100/90 philips rally with relays .
    Saw set ups of many friends with projectors etc etc and came to conclusion . There are no limits for pushing boundaries . And results are never satisfactory if we see price-performance ratio . So stick to basic 100/90 until company itself give as option .
    Light is measured in Lumens as we know , VIBGYOR , red has maximun wavelength so can be seen from far , and decreases from R TO V . Red we dont use in headlamp , so yellow or near yellow have maximun penetration power , be it Fog , Rain or watever .
    As light temp increases its LUMINOSITY decreases . 6K 8K or more are for show off and not practical and back reflect badly in fog and hazy weather . No doubt looks too cool.
    2 people like this.