1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1St Free Service-Suggestions/advice required.

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by ccprakash, May 15, 2012.

1. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Vijay.. my doubts got cleared.. Iam very thankful to TFI as iam naive to these machienes and getting knowing things.
  2. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    After my service is over, some times iam getting "CLUK" sound while breaking. I felt that sound is coming below the car. But the car is functioning normally even breaking is also not giving any problem. Weekly twice or thrice iam getting that kind of sound. Can some one throw light on this what could be the issue.?
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  3. Bro, I guess if am not wrong you are very obsessed with your car and the sounds. The hissing sound is very normal. Even I get the sound,when
    I check the car when its idling. Regarding the cluk sound, when u break the car and remove your foot, you might get some sound similar to 'CLUK' which I noticed on
    initial days of running my Punto. If your sound is something else then some superior TFI'ans will be able to guide you.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    My T-Jet has done 4300 kms in the past 3 months. Though I have 3 more months or 700 kms before the first service is due, I have booked her in for service on 1st December, in anticipation of the Factory visit drive to Pune. As per the service booklet, the following has to be done:

• Check tyre condition / wear and adjust pressure if necessary - I check pressure almost everyday morning with a handheld pressure gauge to get cold tyre pressure.
    • Wheel alignment - Planning to get this done outside professionally
    • Check operation of lighting system - I do this weekly. Not to mention the messages on the MID - haven't seen one yet, thankfully
    • Check operation of windscreen wash / wipe - I do this weekly
    • Visually inspect condition of body exterior
    • Visually inspect condition of auxiliary drive belts
    • Check handbrake lever travel
    • Check and top-up fluids

So, part of the service is redundant. I am also planning on refusing a car wash, as I plan on going to 3M from there.

The one question I have in mind - Should I insist on replacing oil and oil filter, though it is not mandated?

Thanks,

Rajan
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yours should be a 2011 car right? Did you change the oil and oil filter when you took the delivery of your car? If not, change it now. Though Fiat recommend to change oil every 15k kms or 1 year, it is better to change it if you haven't done it when taking delivery of the car.