1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1St Free Service-Suggestions/advice required.

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by ccprakash, May 15, 2012.

1. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Hi Fiatians - I successfully completed 5000 kms(after having the initial problems) and my car is due for the 1st free service. I have booked the slot on 23rd of this month. And i need your suggesstions before giving my car for service. Following are small problems that i have.1. Iam not feeling the turbo opening. As per the reviews of TFI it should open at 1700 rpm but iam not getting the feeling of it if iam driving alone also. 2. Some hissing sound is coming under the car(back side of the car) in the idling as well. 3. Iam getting the mileage as 16kmpl(including city and highways.)-->here suggestions required to get more mileage. coz some fiatians are getting more mileage.

I forgot to mention i have booked the service slot at KHT motors bangalore
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Regarding Milegae:

Be gentle on the accelerator...gradually increase speed.

I have done 3200k in my punto and getting 18-20 kmpl on highway depending on speed

for >110 i get 17.5
    for 80-100 i get 18-21

in city depending on traffic i get 13-16

U can change ur driving style by looking at the instant mileage indicator.

I havent noticed about Turbo.....will check out
  3. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Instant Mileage indicator is really helpful....
  4. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    How to check instant mileage indicator?
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    u have done 5K...u shouldnt be asking this question.....its one of the many display option on the Mid
  6. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Thx.. prashant.. got it. What about the turbo starting..and hissing sound under the car(from back side). Even the car is not moving that much smooth.
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think we need other TFI members to comment on turbo ....i also feel that turbo is kicking in after 2K rpm
  8. Turbo kicks in after ~2000-2200 rpm. You can sense a surge (e.g. while overtaking). I would still let experts confirmed on the Turbo details :). Mileage is purely based on driving conditions. Yes Instant Mileage Indicator is best to adjust your driving style. For trip A, it is after the Avg. Mileage indicator. The avg is also different based on driving. Like most of the guys or like mentioned in most of the post, ads etc. city vs. highway, you can reset the counter and check avg. I would suggest drive somewhere ~100+ km to get a decent indication about mileage. You will get good mileage with 4th and 5th gear and below 80 Km/hr speed.
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  9. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Ok..Is the hissing sound common in all the multijets or its problem..? Plz through some light on this so that i can inform TASS while giving for service.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    ccprakash hissing sound from back part of car is normal. it comes from the fuel pump under the rear passenger seat(black cap under the rear seat)
    For feeling turbo kick just push the accelerator heavily when rpm is above 1800 rpm. The kick is very mild and unnoticeable when you are light on pedal
    Overall mileage of 16kmpl with ac on all time is OK. I get around 11-13kmpl with ac in city and above 19 in highways with ac. Without AC in city i get above 15kmpl and in highways above 20 kmpl always.
    1 person likes this.