1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1st Firefox OS phone in India - Intex Cloud FX

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by limraj, Sep 15, 2014.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I put my hands on the 'cheapest smartphone' in India, currently. That is the Intex Cloud FX, running the Firefox OS for ₹2000. I bought it for mother in law, who was looking for a new (feature) phone for her lost Nokia feature phone. Surprisingly, it is able to do what is promises very well. In fact many of the relatives who experienced it a function (Onam get together in the family) was indeed surprised for the 'touch phone' at ₹2000.
    It can connect to wifi, works on 2G, whatsapp-ing works, it can stream videos from you tube, take very decent photos (in daylight) and has an editor too. There are apps available for map, twitter, etc.
    It has a facebook app, which I did not test.

Altogether a nice phone, for those who are looking for a cheap smartphone, migrating from a feature phone.

The spec:
    General
    Release dateAugust 2014
    Form factorTouchscreen
    Dimensions (mm)115.90 x 62.00 x11.80
    Weight (g)104.00
    Battery capacity (mAh)1250
    Removable batteryYes
    SAR valueNA
    Display
    Screen size (inches)3.50
    TouchscreenYes
    Touchscreen typeCapacitive
    Resolution320x480 pixels
    Hardware
    Processor1GHz
    RAM128MB
    Internal storage46MB
    Expandable storageYes
    Expandable storage typemicroSD
    Expandable storage up to (GB)4
    Camera
    Rear camera2-megapixel
    FlashNo
    Front cameraNo
    Software
    Operating SystemFirefox OS
    Java supportYes
    Browser supports FlashNo
    Connectivity
    Wi-FiYes
    Wi-Fi standards supportedNA
    GPSNo
    BluetoothYes
    NFCNo
    InfraredNo
    DLNANo
    Wi-Fi DirectNo
    MHL OutNo
    HDMINo
    Headphones3.5mm
    FMYes
    USBMicro-USB
    Charging via Micro-USBYes
    Proprietary charging connectorNo
    Proprietary data connectorNo
    Number of SIMs2
    SIM 1
    GSM/ CDMAGSM
    3GNo
    SIM 2
    GSM/ CDMAGSM
    3GNo
    Sensors
    Compass/ MagnetometerNo
    Proximity sensorYes
    AccelerometerYes
    Ambient light sensorNo
    GyroscopeNo
    BarometerNo
    Temperature sensorNo
    Ravi likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    My only disappointment in this phone is the RAM which is very very low. I had suffered enough with HTC Explorer having 512MB. So over time, it gets quite irritating. But otherwise for normal usage, i believe its suits well.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I too had the same concern when I saw 128MB as internal RAM. But, it was very comfortable streaming videos from youtube. No hiccups. Also, I was able to do some editing of the photos taken.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    As stated at new every thing works great and faster. Over months, the sluggishness starts to creep up and by then one would have loved to start using more Apps and stuffs. That is where one like me will trip. With HTC, i enjoyed till a year and then it started showing terrible sluggishness. Of course even the processor was partially reason to this, but RAM contributes more ;)

Any ways,
    1 how was the display quality?
    2. Brightness
    3. Touch sensitivity
    4. built quality?
    5. Will there be updates to the OS
    6 Im sure you would be used alot with Android, how different is it with Firefox OS?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @zenwalker this phone is not made for your requirement :).
    This is an excellent option, at this price point. Even basic phone stuffs and browsing and few generic apps available, this is much better option that so many cheap mobile available in market.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Lol @Ravi, after seeing this i felt bad about my stupid Nokia Asha with 32MB RAM which i bought for 4K sadly 6 months ago :(. Compared to mine, i bet this is far better hehe :p
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Here are the responses @zenwalker ..

1 how was the display quality? => Very good (I wanted to write 'brilliant' considering the price point)
    2. Brightness => Very good
    3. Touch sensitivity => Decent. Its capacitive, but a few times I swiped to next screen than selecting an app
    4. built quality? => Very good. Gives a nice feel while holding it.
    5. Will there be updates to the OS => Yes. There is an option to update OS.
    6 Im sure you would be used alot with Android, how different is it with Firefox OS? => Can't say. I use an iPhone personally.
    zenwalker likes this.