1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1956 Millecento

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sonusingh, Dec 5, 2010.

1. sonusingh

sonusingh

Mumbai
    A movie.
    A car named "Basanti".
    A Superstar playing taxi driver.
    The car flies through a song & the child is hooked. He wants to own a car like that. Years passed away & the child became a man. Then one day he sees that movie again & the fire for owning that car lights back.
    So the child(man) starts looking for a car like that & after various unsuccessful attempts manages to lay hand on a nice piece of hardware.
    Its a 1956 FIAT 1100 (Millecento). It lay in garage for 5 years but still drove all the way home on its own engine & wheels. :clap
    Now its the time to restore her back to glory & that has brought me here.
    I'll be posting her pics soon & will await all the comments/suggestions/help that all the Fiat experts can lend me.
    I'll also need some spares & would appreciate all the help & directions for them too.

:car
    Sonu
  2. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    woohoo ... team fiats first ground up restore thread .... awesome
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

WHOA....................thats one helluva car u got there. 1956. What spares and parts are you looking for. Post some pictures as well.
  4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

WOW.. wish you all the very best my friend. This is one of my dream...or say one of the things to do before I die. I still have to find one FIAT 1100 and than restore it. :)

I'll follow this thread and live my dream along with you for now :). Do post pictures soon.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi. Welcome to TFI. Good to see another classic Fiat cars' lover at TFI. ::T

I think FCB (Fiat Club Bangalore) guys would be very happy to see this thread.
    FCB mods and TFI members arun1100, karthik1100, sujith1100 and funkykar are true Fiat lovers having a passion for classic FIAT cars. :) I am sure they will be excited to see this thread.
  6. sonusingh

sonusingh

Mumbai
    Gentlemen thank you for a warm welcome.

As I'm not yet in physical possesion of the car, neither have I seen the lady personally. The things I can see missing in the pictures are:-
    1) Speedo
    2) Tail lights
    3) Hub caps
    The paperwork of changing ownership is quite tedious & may take some time.
    I expect her to be with me by beginning Jan 2011. Meanwhile I intend to collect all the missing elements so that resto goes:steering .

Further I'll look up to our Fiat experts to find the missing bits & guide me accordingly.

(For now, here she can be seen safely parked at my missus house)
    [attachment=4:27erd0rd]Image0383.jpg[/attachment:27erd0rd]
    [attachment=3:27erd0rd]Image0385.jpg[/attachment:27erd0rd]
    [attachment=2:27erd0rd]Image0349.jpg[/attachment:27erd0rd]
    [attachment=1:27erd0rd]Image0350.jpg[/attachment:27erd0rd]
    [attachment=0:27erd0rd]Image0346.jpg[/attachment:27erd0rd]

Sonu

Image0383.jpg
  7. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Welcome to TFI Sonu!

You are lucky to get a Millecento! Car looks lovely!

The headlights too are not original. They were much smaller with different rings. Your car is easily restorable. Any more info on parts contact Fiat Club-Mumbai or me. :)

Have a look at the Millecento pics in this thread.
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=510 ::T

Thanks Yashik!! I logged i after long time!
  8. sonusingh

sonusingh

Mumbai
    Thanks again.
    I have sent a PM to you.

Yes I need ORIGINAL headlights & Speedo on priority. A fiat enthu & very close friend has recommended JAWA (mobike) healights, they being the closest match to original. Also the hood around Speedo.

MODS: Do I need to start alternate thread for resto or can I continue in INTRO segment? In case any move is required, then kindly do the needful.

Sonu
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Hi Sonu

Congrats on the millicento. All the best for the restoration. She looks cute :mrgreen:
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Wow good to see true FIAT lover on TFI. Welcome to TFI Sonu.