1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

185mm tyres or 195mm??

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by mayank, Nov 20, 2011.

1. royj

royj Esperto

There will be a reduction in ground clearance by approximately 2.54mm. Negligible in my opinion.
  2. mayank

mayank Amatore

hey guys!! today i went to get the new seat covers in sector-27(vikas autos) but the guy there asked me to come tomorrow morning because the good variety fabric had arrived late today!! so after that i went to the adjoining alloy wheels showroom and there i saw many cool 14"-15'' alloy wheels designs from "NEO" and the guy there told me that he will get the whole work done including stock tyres change in rs19000(if i choose goodyear tyres) and some 3-4000 more if i choose the bridgestone tyres of size 195/60/R15..!! and if i opt for 14'' concept then that would cost me around 16500 and vice versa!! now i want some suggestions from fellow t'fians regarding this company "neo" and if i am going on a correct path!! also the alloy wheels i saw(dont know abt if it was 98PCD or 100 will confirm it tomorrow) but i saw 4 holes for bolts in them which i guess shall fit in my gp!:confused: but i was really impressed by the no. of designs they had :D i mean they have all the designs available in all sizes(thats what the showroom guy told me) and here i am attaching the designs i liked and confused in between:p

3. mayank

mayank Amatore

just now i saw in their site those alloys are with pcd rating of 4X100..:confused: now i want to know how many ppl have gone with 100PCD alloys?? i mean i went through a very helpful post by "royj" about alloy wheels and configuring their size..but wanted to know if those hub centric rings or wobble bolts would be available easily or not??:confused:
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Mayank, Hub centric rings are required whenever you go for after market alloys. You need to find out the inner bore of the alloy wheel and choose the hub centric rings accordingly. The inner diameter for the rings would be 58.1mm for Fiat. Outer diameter of the rings should be the inner bore of the alloy wheel. Myself and a few other TFI members Pran and Soccerfan got their hub centric rings from this site. Once the order is placed, you will receive them in about 3 weeks.

There are some who have gone for 100pcd wheels, personally I would never recommend them in place of 98pcd.
  5. mayank

mayank Amatore

good news royj :p today i went to that alloys showroom again and asked about 4X98mm pcd alloys and he said that he do have the 98 PCD alloys :cool:
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    MAYANK,I opted for 14" alloy with 195/70 R14 YOKO-A DRIVE for my 1.3 MJD EMOTION.I did all those mods right after taking the delivery.

Completed 2000+ km,touched 130+ on NH41----No issues so far.Handling & steering feel is good(if not brilliant) at 130+ speed.

Brilliant on bad and broken roads.HRS has few designs in 98 & 98+100 pcds.You may check my ownership thread for pics of alloys.

5 Alloys costed me 21500/-.
  7. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

I am considering upgrading top mrf zlo . Not sure which size to choose . Please suggest .

185/70 R14 88T
    195/60 R14 86 H
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

185/70 R14 is just the right upsize. I did that and initially I felt the steering was heavy, but now the feeling has settled down. 195/60 R14 will reduce the GC as well as make the steering heavy.

9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    195/60/14 if available.
  10. mayank

mayank Amatore

congrats sandipan :) but now i am thinking about 15'' alloys because i dont think there will be any much difference if i go for 14'' or 15''..because at the end of the day i am going for broad tyres so the heavy steering is one thing that i will have to compromise upon in both the cases :) and please post some pics of your gp with alloys you have installed :)