1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

16 Inch alloys on the Punto ?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by hotkar, May 3, 2014.

1. hotkar

hotkar Timido

bangalore
    Dear friends, i was wondering if i could swap the tiny standard wheels with linea's 16 inch alloys . At Vecto motors, Bangalore, they said it is not possible. to the fullest of my knowledge, linea and punto have the same wheel arch diameter. when i told them that the puntos abroad are running with 16 and 17 inch alloys, he said, for cost cutting, they have reduced the size of the arch for india:eek:... i gave him a blank stare and walked out... it was like a pharmacy store keeper advicing a doctor what medicine to take...
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Will be a direct fit, You will not face any issues apart from the fact that your wallet will get lighter for buying the 16 incher alloys + Expensive tyres for them.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    195 is by no means skinny and more than adequate for the power on tap.
    If you are looking for asthetics then no comments but otherwise stick to 195. There are some brilliant choices in that profile

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    +1. 16 inchers have very little options in terms of tyre. The 16 inchers for punto will be for aesthetic value. Performance gains will be nill.

PS: 16 inchers are far more costlier than 15 inchers.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    BoseSuman likes this.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 to all.

My personal advise would be to stick to 15" size in 195/60R15 specifications. You can save "a lot of money" too by the way in case you opt for 15" size. Because there is an offer on Punto alloys currently and each alloy can be bought for Rs4990/- (5k) IIRC. You can also go for the Linea's 15" steel rims and Linea active wheel caps that look like alloys. A set of 5 rims and four wheel caps will cost you a total of Rs6500/-

Else, they say that there is no price for hobbies and passion. 205/55R16 tyres also cost a lot more than the 195/60R15 tyres.
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Your hatch will look hot with those 16" wheels and 205/55 rubber! If you have the money to spend go for it. The Tjet's 16" wheels will fit perfectly on it. I had 17"ers on my last car and they completely transformed the looks and feel of the car. This would be the "Emotion" point of view.

The "practical" point of views have been given above.
  7. metz4u

metz4u Timido

Kohima
    kohima
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I guess I am late to say this but if ground clearance is not an issue I rather stick to the 15"ers
    I had changed my 195/65 to 205/55 without changing the rim and man when I park on the street with the front tyres turned out. I just loved the looks I get from a Figo/i20 drivers.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    To add another point with others, 16 inch tyre is almost double in cost, ex:- Micheline P3ST:- 195/60 R15:- Rs 5500-5700 per tyre, 205/55 R16:- Rs 10000-10250 pertyre.

Will be better if you search for 15 in wheel and use 195/65 R15 tyre, this is more than sufficient for grip and GC ( old punto and if you want to increase GC).