1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1300 Km travel Chennai to Kuki Subramaniya temple

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Giridhar, May 24, 2016.

1. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Happy Fiatians,

I am happy to post my another Travelogue which I had recently from Chennai to Subramaniya temple. The best part of the trip was able to fresh air in the woods and for most of the trip, glasses where down with no AC and also due to Ghat section. Will add the the travelogue details in another post but here are some snaps from trip. Sorry for the quality as all the photos where taken in mobile. It was indeed a happy motoring with my beast Avventura.

Here is a snapshot of the trip.
    • Trip length: 3 days
    • Time taken - Chennai to Subramaniya: 9.30 hours
    • Time taken - Chennai to Subraminiya including break: 12.30 hours
    • Time taken - Return journey: 11.40 hours
    • Time taken - Return journey including break: 12.40 hours
    • No of times refueling for journey: 2 (started with full tank and have more than half tank after the end of journey)
    • Average mileage: 17kmpl.
    • Distance traveled: 1300
    • Ghat section: Around 120 km (including to and fro)
    IMAG1100 (2).jpg IMAG1101 (2).jpg IMAG1296 (2).jpg IMAG1300 (2).jpg IMAG1306 (2).jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2016 ---
    Adding the map. 24-05-2016 15-23-44.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2016, Original Post Date: May 24, 2016 ---
    Actual plan was to supposed to start as early as 3 AM on Saturday morning since I came late it from office, start time got pushed to 5 AM. Took the following route. This route is really good two lane road in excellent condition but with few bends and turns and a small strech with big potholes. Its a state highway covered with big trees on both the sides.
    24-05-2016 16-20-26.jpg

I would advice to take this route if you are travelling to Bangalore for two main reasons. One you avoid the Sriperumbudur toll and second you escape from the pathatic road condition even when you pay the toll. They say that they are going to do the six laning in next few months but I don't see that happening. I have highlighted the route which needs to be avoided in red color. 24-05-2016 16-26-44.jpg

Had breakfast in Sai sangeet at 7.30 AM (area name is sagalikuppam). It was a one hour break. The place looks good but advice would be to bring your own drinking water or buy the water. Dont use the glasses given by them to drink the water. It does not taste good if you have it from those. My son puked after drinking water from those glasses.
    IMAG1094.jpg

Started by 8.30 after having breakfast and covered 403km till next break for tea. Sorry don’t know the place but it was around 125 km more to Hassan from that point. It was a short tea break and it was 11.50 Am. Next stop was at hotel Kamat as my son was asking Ice cream. He actually says it as I-cream :).

To our surprise that hotel did not have Ice-cream because of long power cuts. We then proceeded and stopped at HP petrol bunk for refuelling around 12.45. Next stop was at A2B - chanraipatna for having lunch. Time was 1.45 pm. Food was so tasty. I would recommend this hotel for lunch. If anyone pass by this place please have lunch and then leave.

There were no more stoppings after that. After sakleshpur, it’s completely ghat section. Since my son was tied to the child seat it was easy to keep up the speed. Blessing in disguise he was sleeping at that point. Roads were not is so good condition but drivable. You see many gas container truck travelling in that route. Those drivers are really amazing. They drive with so much precession and at right speed.

It was such a great feeling and satisfaction to drive in lush green environment. Feeling that fresh air, away from that city noise. It was indeed a great satisfaction. After Gundya (you take left) for the final stretch to reach temple, it was surprising to see the quality of the road. Looks like it is freshly laid. Levelling was at the top and drive was actually like gliding. Reached temple at 17.31 with total running time as 9 hours and 25 minutes. Less than what google said :).
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    carl_jhonson and dhaya76 like this.
  2. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Most of the truck drivers drive very carefully because they are carrying Gas/oil and any major incident will be a disaster. I visited Kukke end of Feb 2016, I drove Chennai - Shirdi - Kukke - Chennai, a solo drive. I too was surprised the maintenance of the road between Gundya to Kukke, it is butter smooth, invites to push the A pedal but we need to be very careful, couple of blind curves were too dangerous.

I updated my experience in the below link

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/plan-to-drive-to-shiridi-from-chennai-need-advice.14833/page-3
    Giridhar likes this.
  3. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @dhaya76. Good to see a fellow Fiatian had visited this temple. I actually tried to find if anybody had travelled recently so that i can plan accordingly. But I searched for subramaniya but did not get any result. Will check out the travelogue about your experience.

You are right. the butter smooth road will push you accelerate more. But did not feel that to do as I was enjoying the greenary. My son actually was loving it as he has not seen so much of green. Thanks to City life for that :(.
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When I was drafting my plan for Shirdi, Kukke was not there in the list, one of my colleague visited the temple (he has Punto 75 bhp) and told me that the trip was nice and good place to visit. So I added the same, but I suppose to reach via Kollur and Dharmashala, but couldn't make it.

Hope you don't mind posting a picture that was taken there by me, similar to the one you have taken.

upload_2016-6-1_17-16-9.png