1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

12 Steps to Rid Yourself of the Blindspot in Your Sideview Mirrors

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by ketankhairnar, Jan 11, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    This is good advice.. thank you..
    I always adjusted my side mirrors such that there was a slight amount of the car seen, I thought that's how it should be done.. But now you've corrected me..
    Thanks
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a ton for this post..
    I put into use whatever was posted here today morning before i set out to office and i must say this prevented a scare that i always had while taking turns ...

Everything is so clearly visible and today i felt more confident in overtaking and taking turns as every time i was able to see vehicles in the blind spot and adjust accordinly...

I did not have anyone to help me get the mirror aligned correctly so i just pushed it all the way out and let it be.. Just that helped me a lot.. Now i wonder if i do it correctly how beneficial it can be.

Thanks again.
    1 person likes this.
  3. thanks for the useful info

this is a good info that no driving school teaches as you have mentioned correctly.
    thanks
  4. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ketan

This is very use full tip and also excellent writeup.

I always adjusted my side mirror in such a way that i can see minimal side wall of the car. But your inputs has clear all possible doubts in adjusting the mirror.

Once again thank you for writeup and happy new year
  5. Sunilp

Sunilp Amatore

Bangalore
    thanks this is good tip :) my training school guy always said car side shud be seen in mirror. but this makes total sense, will keep in mind :)
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I dont agree with Ketan's view on adjusting the OVRM's. I normally adjust it such a way that I part see my vehicle's rear and at the same time get the optimum view of the lane besides. Many a times my son tends to stand and look outside the rear windows (As it is known that Punto's rear windows dont roll down completely). I need to keep a watch on my son's activities too as he may put his arm outside the window. What about cases when people take their pets in the rear seats for eg dogs. Dogs love to poke their heads out of running vehicles.

Tell me how to avoid the blind spot created due to the thick A pillar. Many a times I have strain my neck out to watch for any thing in that blind spot area created due to the A pillar.
  7. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I do keep some overlap between.
    Left ORVM & Rear View
    Right ORVM & Rear View

Left and Right ORVM. I make sure I see at least 20% of my Cars rear section.