1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

10K review - Punto Evo MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by santoshmandali, Feb 14, 2015.

1. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Its been 5 months and over 10k km on the ODO. This is my first FIAT and have been using Maruti Suzuki earlier. The views / opinions are from me and purely based on my experience.
    • Driving dynamics are amazing
    • Need not explain the build quality - but would expect galvanized body inn the future
    • Have been on 1k+, 5k+, 2+ long drives and it was an amazing experience. Top speed of about 160kmph - express way, 6 lane. No vibrations, steady to handle and great control
    • Mileage of about 13-14kmpl in city limits with AC and traffic
    • Have seen a difference of about (excess) 50km in full tank capacity on Shell Diesel when compared to others
    • Minor issues with Good year tyre...got them replaced the second day from Vecto - BLR
    • Issues with Media player going back to AUX on honking, issue resolved by Vecto
    • Paint loss where door handles meet the body - Got the door handles replaced...Should wait and see if the it is the same over a period of time. I was told the design has been changed and it is a permanent fix - by Vecto
    • Some changes done to 12v charging point wiring by Vecto without a complaint and they say it is the case with all Evo's
    • The shox seem to be okay (can hear THUD sound once in a while) and guess it is to do with the bulky FIAT or the way I drive andd potholes / humps get unnoticed
    • Turning radius is quite higher
    • Would prefer a 90hp over 75hp considering the roads in BLR
    • Ground clearance is best in class and that's where I usually have an opportunity to overtake other vehicles ;)
    • Media player console could have been better, or probably over 7 inch. Touch screen, ability to connect your phone via blue tooth to listen to songs, easy navigation with on screen keys is an opportunity
    • Headlamps are not sufficient, needs an upgrade. Would prefer DRL's as well
    • ORVM's have taken a hit couple of times but are still dtronger, cannot expect this with Asian cars
    • Black spots when you drive (between the windshield and the door pillars) and need to be careful during steep curves or during turnings. Will get used to it over a period of time.
    • Could have provided with charging sport in the rear
    • No option to shut the rear AC vent
    • There is enough leg room in the rear (when compared to VW Polo)
    • Good boot space
    • The first service was done at Vecto and have been decent, but some minor issues in providing pick up and drop as promised
    • The service manager and advisor take care of the car and ensure that you leave the center as a satisfied customer
    Overall I am a proud owner of Punto Evo - Exotica Red and I assure "Admiration Guaranteed"

Will keep adding my thoughts and views as we move ahead.

--- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2015 ---
    Please read as 1k+, 500 and 200 one way long drives
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    prabhjot, an00p, Mabams1826 and 3 others like this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Good one.. pls post some pics of your beauty!
  3. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I am now about 17K on ODO and still going great...Except for the door handles loosing paint because of chrome intersection :(
    Sometime I only feel that it should have had more power and better gear ratio.
    Music system could have been better.

Latest trip was about 1100 km two way and on ghat road..amazing driving experience and handling was superb.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

The new Mjds in the Evo are actually butter smooth and revs deep into the range without strain and credit to the the NVH damping. Really good. Dont feel much speed difference if I try engine braking, possibly due to higher revving nature and different gearing. Not sure.

prabhjot and Raj_pol like this.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @santoshmandali That is some driving. Congratulations. I have completed 11K from my end and that has been a fabulous experience too. There is nothing like riding the Punto in the highways - you forget the fact that she is a hatchback.