1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100 PCD Alloys on a Fiat.

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Akshay4384, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
  2. AndyRKett

AndyRKett Timido

United Kingdom
    Norfolk
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This thread confuses me a little as all uk grande Puntos and punto evos use 4x100 fitment wheels this is because the platform for the grande was shared with the vAuxhall/opal corsa which used vauxhall wheel fitment, seems strange that fiat would use a different wheel fitment (different hubs) in a different market?
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @AndyRKett, it is quite an annoyance since they launched the Uno, Palio, Siena long back. I don't see how it benefited the end users ever.
  4. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes you can... 100 PCDs would fit using Wobble Bolts and Hub centric rings... I did that successfully and with great results.
  5. Ilango

Ilango Timido

Pune / Neyveli
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    This is how I have fitted a 100PCD alloy on to my 118NE. The original 13" rim wasn't able to hold air with tubeless tyres. And a new set wasn't so easily available. The spigot of the 100PCD alloy measured close to 64mm. A friendly lathe operator machined me a set of spigot rings which were press fitted into the alloy. Now the alloy was ready to go onto the 118NE hub.
    Seeing the ridiculous prices online for set of wobble washers and bolts I decided to prepare a set with the help of the same lathe operator. 16 Nos of wheel nuts (from Indica or M800 will do) were drilled out to 13.5mm and shortened to 8mm height. The M800 rear shocker bolt was used in as wheel bolts. They are M12x1.25 but a bit longer than the 118NE wheel bolts. Used stainless steel washers in between the wobble washer and bolt. The pictures detail the rest.

25122011094.jpg

Lathe_Work.JPG

IMG_20150308_210227.jpg

25072013666.jpg

24072013661.jpg
  6. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys.. Those who r using 100pcd,
    U guys dont feel wobble or any other effects post 100kmph speed....
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I
    I am using 100 PCD... I have mounted Alloys using Hub centerpiece rings... 25K KM and still going strong.... I got Hub Centric Rings custom made out of high grade steel. No vibration... no wobble...
    Pradeepms likes this.
  8. Ilango

Ilango Timido

Pune / Neyveli
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear Pradeep, With the right sized hubcentric rings there is no chance / space for the wheel to wheel to wobble. I once touched 125 with a little aid of a down slope.
    Ensure you end up with the right offset alloy & rim width on the 100PCD Alloy you go for.
    Pradeepms and asimpleson like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Ilango likes this.
  10. Ilango

Ilango Timido

Pune / Neyveli
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Drop in at an lathe shop close by your locality and ask the guy to measure the centre distance between 2 oppositely faced mounting holes in the spare wheel. Ask him to double check if it is 100 or 98.
    And please do share & publish your findings for the benefit of others in this forum.