1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100 PCD Alloys on a Fiat.

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Akshay4384, Feb 3, 2012.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    My experience is that you will need hub centric rings if you are looking at after market alloys irrespective of the PCD.
    The purpose of the rings is to cover the gap between the diameter of the hub (58.1mm for Fiats) and the diameter of the centre bore of the alloy wheel (67.1mm in my case) and provide perfect centering of the wheel on the hub.
    Also if you can pay using Paypal, there is no need to worry about buying hubcentric rings from abroad. Myself and two other TFI members - soccerfan and pran - bought them from Hub Rings / Spigot rings for alloy wheels - HubCentric-Rings.com
    prabhjot and pvgeorge like this.
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Folks,
    I have replaced 4X98 wheels on my Car(Fiat Linea Tjet 2010) with 4X100 Wheels. I know that I will need variation bolts and Spigot Rings to set things right soon.

I have already ordered Variation Bolts that will replace the existing bolts.
    I am right now trying to figure out the specs of Spigot ring that would support the change.

The existing specs are mentioned below:
    Tire: 195/60 R15
    Rim: 6x15 ET44
    Bolt pattern: 4x98
    THD: M12 x 1.25
    CB:58.1

What should be the internal and external Diameter of the Spigot ring that would go with 100PCD Alloys?

Also need to know if you guys will be able to help me locate the vendor.

PS: So far there is no vibration or wobbling at any speed so i am not worried in the short term. The bolts are expected to arrive sometime next week so I want to arrange for spigot rings by that time.

HELP PLEASE.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    The inner dia of the spigot rings would be 58.1mm
    To know the outer dia of the rings, you need to measure the center bore dia of your alloy wheels.
    You will need rings that fit snugly on to the alloy wheels and come along with them when you remove the wheel from the hub.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I am getting the Spigot rings custom made for my Tjet today... the guy has already made one as a sample... that fits perfectly. HE will deliver the rest 3 in about couple of hours time... this looks promising.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 18, 2014 ---
    Just came back... the guy did a great job... the Spigots are sitting perfectly snug... Great finish as well.
    Time for some stress free driving now... I have been literally nursing my car through corners and potholes for past 1 month.

Anyone in NCR wants to get Spigots for their cars... Call this guy:

Brham Singh
    Vishal Engineering & Works
    C165, Sector 10
    Noida
    Mobile: +91-9958863558
    prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well I don't know how 100 pcd would fitting good on Linea/Punto. I gave my Palio's spare tire to my colleague. Ideally 98 PCD should match but the next day he wen't to a tire repair store where in he was told that the wheel hub's gone bad. He drove straight to Aadya on the same rim and even Aadya motors confirmed the same, his 1 puncture ended up costing him about 5,000.00
    My point of view is there is a threat of wheel hub getting bad upgrading to 100 pcd in a long run.
    Till date I still feel guilty about me giving another 98 pcd wheel.
    His Linea was just 2 years 20 odd thousand run and it was in mint condition.
    prabhjot and royj like this.
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    98PCD to 100PCD conversion, if done with help of spigot rings and Variation bolts will not be a problem...

In your friends case there is a possibility of bolts being wrongly wound at the time of fitting the spare wheel...
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That would be a logical explanation but unfortunatly that was not the case, as both the Spare wheel and the Punctured Alloy were OE we used the same bolts, not at all a possiblity that all 4 wheel bolts were fasten incorrectly.
  8. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    YOU fixed Palio's tyre on Linea... a 13 inch tyre on a 15 inch... that would have messed with cars balance. No wonder the Hub was gone.
  9. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No I have a 14inch wheel and as per SA Punto/Linea both are capable of 14inch rims, sorry I didn't mention that earlier.

The SA who confirmed the damage was himself puzzled and later concluded that Palio/Linea though both use 98 pcd wheels are different and should never be used. God Help Us.
  10. virat.goud

virat.goud Timido

hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    What is the pcd for new punto evo?is it 98 or 100.
    Can I use 100 pcd alloys for my new punto evo car.
    Need help fast ....... Tired of searching for the answer.