1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100 PCD Alloys on a Fiat.

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Akshay4384, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I have noticed that a lot of members here are using 100PCD alloys on their Fiat's.
    I know it is not recommended,but the options in 98 PCD are too less and options in100 PCD alloys are too tempting:).
    Also i am not really aware as to how do you about PCD conversion from 98 to 100.
    Is the conversion safe?
    From what i have heard,issues like wobbling and questionable high speed stability come up.

100PCD alloy users,please post your views.
  2. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

MIne is a 90 HP MD i am using lenso 100 PCD i had used HUB centric rings and when fixing the person actually faced the thread holes by 1/2 mm it is a perfect it and i drove from banglore to chennai i did not encounter any wobbling or vibation all well
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Check the list of threads started by TFI member RoyJ. He has a thread on this topic explaining all the details and procedures. I am on 2G network right now so can't post direct link.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Our Palio D is also using 100 PCD alloys for the last 6.5 years now. No issues of wobbling or lack of stability at high speeds.

Plenty of people don't even know what is a hub centric ring / wobbly bolts and still enjoy trouble free operation.:)

But, as RoyJ enlightened us all, if you plan to go for 100 PCD , do it the right way. Hub centric rings should be a must for any aftermarket alloy ( 100 or 98 PCD, any). I don't know much about "wobbly" bolts, but do give it a thought.

prabhjot likes this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

where do you get these hub centric rings? I went to reliance autozone and asked them to fit 100PCD as a last option and told them about HB rings and neither did they have a clue about it nor stock it.
    I'm not a big fan of importing HB rings.
    Anyone know where I can get it in Bangalore?
  6. royj

royj Esperto

It is a shame that very few shops in India stock hub centric rings. I am told that these are available at
    A1 Car Care Centre,
    #1/1, Ashoka Pillar Road, Jayanagar.
    # 08026577438.
    Some one from Bangalore please verify and confirm.

Check this link for more information on Alloy wheels.
    kedarbendre and prabhjot like this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

This also brings me to a curios question, why is there such a big fuss about 98PCD and 100PCD when both can be used with obvious modifications/additions?
    Why is it that people dont prefer 100PCDs, should 98 not be available and go beyond their ways to figure out a place that sells 98s ?

This is troubling me.
    I read that daily once hoping that someday I will muster up the courage to go in for 100PCD :)
  8. royj

royj Esperto

That is really a curious question. I have read a lot about the horror stories resulting from incorrect PCD usage.
    I have also read about people (like Gurjinder above) who have used 100PCD for long without any issues.
    Then one day I got a call from a total stranger asking me for advice for the damaged hub of his Punto after fitting incorrect PCD Alloys - he had searched the Internet and found the thread and then got my phone number!
    So my assumption is that if you stay south of 80kmph and drive on reasonably good roads, then the slight difference in PCD might not cause an issue. Higher speeds and hitting speed breakers or potholes can cause more trouble than usual when there is a PCD mismatch.
    kedarbendre, prabhjot and johnny like this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Now this is a perfect answer.. Thank you very much.
    I travel on good roads by large but I also go out on very long drive (>800km, round trip) once in 2-3 months at least. So I guess sticking to 98PCD is the best option.
    But I've read about HB rings being required even for aftermarket 98PCDs, any opinions on that.
    If this really starts getting on my nerves then as much as i hate to say it , Screw those alloys :(
    (I've been looking at alloys for nearly 8 months now)
  10. Anish_A

98 PCD for PUNTO.................Even if 100 PCD is tempting..............Very tempting and loads of options.
    I will stick with 98 PCD only and suggest other also to do the same along with the HUB centric rings.

Rituraj likes this.