1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Is there any bulb having 5000 K ?
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bhai, keep in mind that 5000k might not be legal. Since you are one of those few people who follow and observe traffic laws very strictly, I think it would be safer to go for NB plus. :)

Gurjinder paaji, lets meet you asap. Do let me know when you plan to do this and I will meet you in Sector-48.

By the way, the road that I took to come to your place last week is being carpeted in a very poor manner. My Punto bottomed out very badly while moving from carpeted road to the uncarpeted one even though my speed was maybe 5-6kmph (half clutch in first gear). Engine guard has got many scratches.
  3. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Been Using Osram NB in fog and Headlights, The Fogs costed me 1850, and Headlights 1950. Fog lamps amazed with power in comparative with the OE ( one of them is non functional since 5days.. :( i guess will need to shell another 1850 as its sold in set, The Headlight are H4 55/60W, i have used multiple bulbs till now in my headlight unit. But this is better but 100/90W always wins the Brightness, I have 70% Visibility Tint on the Windshield was using P8 6000K HID initially and also Philips Blue Vision 100/90W this seems good as is 55/60W but i dint get the pleasure of spending 1950 off my pocket.

BTW presently my Headlight Units are all jacked as earlier the caps on it were not placed when HID's were installed. As a result they have greyed out now and look BAD!!

Damage replacing both of them : 7+ K approx...

But yeah i have all experimented after loosing some money, But now know what fits and is best in City roads and Highways.

I'D prefer now that is raining keep my HID's in the rack and get 100/90W back Philips and the Fogs Osram NB. and for Highways aswell same combination.

Otherwise to get the bling factor and also good vision HID's in headlamps and Fogs once rain is gone.. :)

Verdict: Please be sure when experimenting with Headlamps units, mine is badly damaged. make sure you have professional techs installing Bulbs if with Cutout setup and "make sure" to have the rear caps on the bulbs after fitted on the Unit. to avoid greyness. I have seen many other Lieneas and Punto's with the same effect i have in my Car. almost all of them have aftermarket bulbs installed. am sure rootcause are Cap's missing.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rizzou, do you mean those rubber covers at the back of the headlight unit?

This picture (randomly picked off the net) can let you know what i mean.

3899D95.jpg
  5. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Osram NB+ in Delhi costed us (Nkapoor, Nitin DBA and me) 850 Rs per set for H4 as well as H1. See its dazzling effect in the Chail trip pics and videos. Hyd is too expensive. NB+ is officially launched in India since MAr and we bought it from a disti in Kashmere Gate.
  6. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Exactly. In our cars its a plastic cap that locks. and if its missing it is all mess.
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    The Linea has a soft rubber cap that seals snugly. Maybe the Punto has a plastic one. (?)

Gurjinder.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    ^^^^ As far as I remember, one of the caps is plastic which is tightened at the back while the other is rubber which you can simply push back into place. I found this out when I replaced my stock bulbs with Osram NB+ myself.
  9. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    In the Punto is just a Plastic cap. mine is a 2009 model. Could be the new once are comming with both, unsure.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Just checked. Linea (ours is Jan 2011 manufactured) has rubber covers behind the low as well as high beam bulb units.

Gurjinder.