1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Punto takes H4 bulbs and Osram night breaker is good, thats what I have heard but i bought it at 1000/- for a pair of H1, is the rate good or have i been duped?????

Cinju.. is Osram night breaker plus available in India, in Kochi I enquired and I got only Night breaker and I had to shelve out 1000/- for a pair of H1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Romsi..even I am not sure about the Night Breaker 'PLUS' as I got to know about this only from our TFI . I think 1000 k is ok as I know people who had spend a lot more. I am using philips extreme power H4 and I paid 950 for a pair + Rs 50 fixing charge. Maybe in b'lore or elsewhere you may get it a bit more cheaper. I think for Kerala price this is ok :) .
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Fellow TFI'an ramjn had bought Osram NB+ for 800 INR IIRC. In my brief comparison I found it equally good to my 90/100 hella H4's. Also the light is a bit white, compared to the yellowish in stock. It was appealing for the Punto I must say.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Teky..I think that is a wonderful price for the NB + . Did he get it from any distributor or car accessory showroom ? If possible can you get me the full detail. Even others will be benefited .
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Cinju, here you go. He got it for 850 it seems just confirmed now.
  6. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore
    thanks a lot for the info guys, So I should looking at Philips extreme or Osram Night breaker plus (60/5, H4) Bulbs.. Any of the Bangalore have done this? Also, Is it a DIY? or should I visit the service center? Also, any reliable place in Bangalore to get this done?
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Similar threads Merged.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Nithin ..these are the info I collected for a friend of mine and as I am not based in B'lore I am not sure whether the details are accurate. This is surely a DIY, but doing it 1st time needs bit care. So better to get it done @ any accessory showroom so that you get an idea of what to do exactly. Maybe they are direct dealers. I hope you can give them a call and enquire in detail.

For Philips
    For philips bulb contact
    A.K TRADERS
    PH: 4114-3199, 4114-3958
    # 22/23, 1 FLOOR, SEETHALAKSHMI COMPLEX,
    3'RD CROSS, JC ROAD, BLORE 02

For Osram bulb
    OSRAM INDIA PVT. LTD.
    UNIT NO. 301/303, MADISON, 4TH FLOOR, AIRPOT ROAD, 1/3 KODIHALI MAIN ROAD, Bangalore - 560008, Karnataka, India
    Phone:91-80-25210919
    Fax:91-80-25210919

Key Personnel
    Mr. M. R. SATHYA PRAVEEN (National Head Sales)
    Mobile : +919740000650
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Osram Night Breaker Plus H7 is being quoted for Rs 1250 by the authorised dealer.

Will be getting them soon as the Linea desperately needs better low beam lamps.

Gurjinder.

10. Cinju.. i called up the bangalore number but it doesnt exist and also spoke to Sathya Praveen and he has quit Osram and he told me to contact Automotive Dept of Osram in 01244125100 but that number is not reachable...... what to do??.....:confused::confused: