1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    Re: OSRAM Night Braker Plus, Launch in February.

nitin u can also order from powerbulbs.com they provide free shipping to India in case you need to upgrade sooner.
  2. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Re: 90/100 rating bulb for headlight?

Any major difference between OSRAM night breaker and night breaker plus bulbs? Is the plus versin better than phillips xtreme power bulbs?
  3. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore

I have not seen xtreme power in action but have heard that they are as good as night Breakers and they cost less.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

According to OSRAM, Night Breaker Plus have longer range and also last longer than Nighbreaker bulbs.
    Philips Xtreme power last longer than Night breaker of OSRAM.
  5. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore
    Bulb upgrade for Punto MJD

Hi Guys,
    I want to upgrade the bulbs on my punto. I need longer throws on the highway and wider spread. Also, I would like to ensure that my warranty is not effected after this upgrade.
    Pls give your recommendations for the brand. Also, pls suggest a place in Bangalore where I can get this done. Will TASS do the the installation for me?

Regards,
    Nithin B Dev
    MODS: I searched for a similar thread but could not find. If a thread already exists on this topic please direct me.
  6. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    Hi Nithin,

Even i would like to upgrade the bulbs, if on lower beam i at times do not see the guys walking on the road until very close to them. Giving dipper doesn't work as the fellow coming from the other side won't lower his. My high beam should force him to think about it and go for reciprocatory gesture of lowering high beams.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Have a read of these threads ;)

1 , 2 , 3

Gurjinder
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    In my opinion 100/90w bulbs are better because if you put hid's yout reflector and lens will get spoiled. I had seen it in a punto in the work shop and even on a Logan.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    If you are looking for a plug & play kind of setup , the best options are Philips Extreme power or Osram night breaker plus . The 1st one gives you yellow light and the 2nd one is more of whitish. Osram night breaker 'PLUS' is a new launch and could be better than philips extreme power. Both gives much better light than stock and you can simply remove the stock & fix this. Going through the above referred threads will give you a better idea and better options with slight modifications.