1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    Re: 90/100 rating bulb for headlight?

Guys the stock bulbs both left and right are OSRAM. Even the spare bulbs given is OSRAM.
    Not sure how you guys ended up having philips on the left :shock:
  2. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

there was a post some time back that the left or the right side parts dont remember which one are costlier than the other side parts and thats because the cheaper side parts are courced locally and the other side , the costlier one are sourced from some other country . Do you think this might have something to do with the different headlights ? maybe ! :clap
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

based on the experience with my other cars, i would prefer osram 100/90 or philips 100/90 with the extra wiring.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

if you want to upgrade put a good quality hella kit with ceramic holders. there is no cutting of wiring involved in installing the relay kit or upgraded bulbs.
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

Hi, any thoughts on comparisons between OSRAM night breaker and the Phillips XTreme Power bulbs for Puntos?

Also, inputs on best places to buy original products for this would be very useful for me.
    1 person likes this.
  6. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru

I'd like to get the 100/90 bulbs with a good Relay kit installed too.

Anyone tried this yet? any issues with the headlight lens blackening ? I think the Relays are all Plug-n-Play so it shouldn't void any warranties right ?
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Regarding the powerful headlamp bulbs, there are many complaints against headlamps getting darkened [possibly due to excessive heat generated because of the higher wattage]. I have refrained from going in for powerful bulbs because of this. So far, my Linea's headlamps are glittering like a new ones.
  8. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru

Thanks Ravi, any idea about the OSRAM night breaker and the Phillips XTreme Power bulbs? do they need a Relay or the OEM wiring is enough for them to work (no issues in the long run). Are they any good compared to stock bulbs?
  9. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

My understanding is that, the phillips Xtreme power or OSRAM night breaker does not need any relay/wiring changes as these are of the same wattage rating as that of the stock bulbs.

Also, i have seen good feedbac about these bulbs on forums in comparison to the stock bulbs though im trying to find out which is better of the two.

Folks who have one fo these intalled already, can you post if there are any reflector darkening sort of issues?
  10. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

I have put in the Philips xtreme power. No problems so far. High beam *A LOT* clearer. The low beam would be good also but the Punto low beam angle is too low (even at 0) for full effect.
    1 person likes this.