1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Upgraded to Philips Rally 100/90, with Philips relay. Costed Rs. 1600 with labour. Immediate impression was it's much brighter than OEM. It's worth the upgrade.

One question. Does the Philips relay comes with a ceramic holder
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Praveenuva thats intersting find and glitch is 6500k color temp. It will be too bright and will be useless in monsoon IMO.
  4. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I dont think you will get a very good beam with those lights ! LEDs with projector are a better option, mainly for aux lamps.
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Please avoid blue lamps. I think the government should ban lamps >4500K or so.
    1. Blue lamps impair the vehicle driver's visibility.
    2. They also impair the visibility of oncoming vehicles and other road users because of the high scatter.
    These effects are accentuated in rainy/misty /foggy conditions.
    Please stick to yellow/ halogen lamps.
    I have got Philips X-treme Vision for the dipper lamp.
  6. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    I want to upgrade my Punto's headlamps to Philips 90/100 with Roots wiring harness and ceramic holders. Can anyone please suggest a good car shop in Bangalore to buy and get it fitted?
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can try EVO shop, in Cambridge Layout, Indiranagar.
    vayfiat likes this.
  8. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Iam using 90/130 from last 2yrs and couple of days back i observed left headlamp is getting dull... So its 90/100 or 130 after couple of years your headlamp will get dull... So whenever u r in idling switch to parking lights and wherever ever u have bright Street lights switch to parking lights and switch on fog lamps so that u can postpone ur headlamps getting dull....
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pradeepms . Did you follow the same ? Or this happened as you didnt follow the steps of switching off the HL at stationary condition ? Have been using 90/100 for last few months, havnt observed any effect as of now, but would be helpful to know.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kunwar.g as time goes( say 1+ years) the headlights becomes dull that's for sure.My too 90/100 setup.My drives were mostly night drives.

IMG_20151002_111821.jpg