1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks. I was doubtful of it myself. Still felt best to ask. :)
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Since you were specifically asking about root flasher unit for headlight, which I have never heard or seen to come along with a H4 wiring kit, I though I could give you some clarity. Didn't know you were asking conceptual questions..!! If you had already known all these things, then no offence meant. Btw, what are you referring to by "The roots one is for right and left turns, I know" Trust the topic is still about the H4 wiring kit.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    asimpleson
    (in layman words,)
    i asked my mechanic "yeh kaunsa brand hein "(refer attachment in my previous post about relay kit) ,he told me saab "bahut gaadi mein bithaya hein" especially in TATA's and told me not to worry about the product.when i asked him i have seen/heard about philips/hella relay kits.Then he told me philips relay kit gives more bulb blows out and i asked how come, he replied back "woh kya hein philips relay bahut zyada volt detha hein", and the relay we are using AR Gold which is good and the bulb also last long. :) and he also said he has seen cases were philips bulb have blown out due to philips relay kit.now i dont know,how much is truth behind it.
    1 person likes this.
  4. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ganges, Translation please in English please...
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The links were a suggestion in concept and not actual product (it's evident isn't it?) and I think I have clarified enough about what I am asking since your first reply. If you fail to understand, I wouldn't know how to explain further.

Check roots website and flasher for 2wheelers and 4wheelers. I believe it's not the one for pass signal but used for turn indicator. Mentioned that to you specifically to avoid further confusion in you understanding my initial questions/suggestions to begin with and we going circles in Q&A.

You are wrong. The topic is about bulbs/headlamp upgrade for Punto (or Linea if you will) and not just H4 wiring kit and also anything related to the same; and the reference for flasher came up after headlamp bulbs burn out reference was made esp. on pass action by punto_emotion at post #177 which you would have known if you had read that post and the few following it till Varun's post, and the very reason why I was asking about an electronic device.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Ganges, got the idea, you are right, whatever works man. So long as the car works well and owner is happy. Whole idea is to find good solutions and not just have technical deliberations leading to chaos.

Jyada volt nahi deta; relay on/off hona chahiye time pe. Certain relays are less tolerant to load and burn out earlier. Par usko samjhaye kaun. Baat sahi hai. Woh practical hai, aur problem solve karta hai to baat khatam. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Please post only in English or translate to English, for the benefit of wider audience.
    1 person likes this.
  8. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The very reason for the confusion is because of your reference of a flasher unit in a head light wiring kit. Lol. You very conveniently leave out the fact that you were conjuring about a flasher circuit where no one made any reference about it other than ppl talking about using frequent dim/dips. Btw, any one with half knowledge on night driving in Indian road will concur that the Dipping and Flashing is done to make the opposite guy Dim his lights. Auto Dimming in cars in India will make life hell for the driver.( they are present in certain European cars though. May be you are aware of all info, but it could help others)
    Your question could be for Varun, but this being a forum, I guess people with hands on knowledge can contribute to people who are yet to try anything related to it:rolleyes:.Btw, where did you find a Headlight flasher by roots ? some links would help. If you can, elaborate what your
    conceptual intermediary electronic headlight flasher will actually do .!!
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I don't need to conceal any facts. I presented a question, you were interpreting it and giving info that was not need (to me). I have politely tried to answer and hint that I do not wish to mod the Linea. (merely wished to know what was in it along with the kit). You are twisting things and interpreting this to your convenience. :(

I wouldn't be too sure about Auto Dipper/Dimming for cars in India, but sure whatever you want to believe.

Surely do dispense when needed for them in their relevant questions. No one suggested you to not post. I am hopefully allowed to reply to answers directed at me, even if irrelevant. Why don't you make your own DIY or suggestion list, and people will appreciate it for sure. Let me be with my trivial question I say.

As you can see certain relays or circuits are known to cause problem so I merely asked a doubt. Hopefully that's allowed. If you are purposely ignoring the answers/suggestion what good will anything do answering about any extra electronics, I have provided links to that effect, hinting what I meant.

If in doubt please refer to the original one line question over which this is going in circles to not one's benefit. Like I said before consider that I am at loss to explaining you further. GP_Freak, I think you are missing that the original question has been answered by the person for whom it was intended for. I don't think we are adding any further value. So please.