1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: 100/90 Watt Headlamp bulb

The best option is HID's but with Projector for better focus. Without Projector, the light gets scattered though it might be a bit better than stock. Andy is using it & quite satisfied. But I would still suggest only with Projectors. Sometime back I got interested, did some research & finally dropped the idea ::V
  2. aer_vip

aer_vip

Bangalore
    Re: 100/90 Watt Headlamp bulb

Stock bulbs are no good. I find it extremely difficult when it rains. Even though there are 6 bulbs none help on highways especially when it rains. Please suggest me a better bulb. I'm not looking for 100/90, HIDs and Night breaker. I had a night breaker in my swift. Performance: just above average.
  3. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    90/100 rating bulb for Punto headlight?

Hi ,

Has anyone fixed 90/100 rating bulb for the headlight? I feel normal 55/65 is too less on highways. So I wanted get 90/100 fixed (or 95/100 rating im not sure,)

My q's are,

1) Is it include cutting wires?
    2) does headlamps overheat?
    3) Is it advisable to get it done outside?
    4) Can xeon bulbs be used? is it legal ?

Thx,
    Sree
    GP Dynamic 1.4 :) 2010.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: 90/100 rating bulb for headlight?

Hi. Finally your first post in this forum so technically, "Welcome to TFI". ::V
    I am not having much knowledge on this topic but I've read that Philips Extreme 60/55 (or ??65/55) do their job well and are better than the stock 60/55 (or ??65/55) bulbs of Punto.

I would suggest that you check out for further inputs on these bulbs as they won't require any extra relays and there are no chances of the warranty getting void.

Members having better knowledge can give their expert suggestions.

P.S.- TFI member Andy has some some modifications to his Punto's bulbs.
  5. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore

I would not advise to go for the 90/100 as it requires a additional relay and yes i believe they will void your warranty.
    My suggestion is to go in for the Osram Night Breaker PLUS H4 or the Philips X-Treme Power H4. these bulbs have the same specs as the stock bulbs but are like much much better. Just like plug n play :) no additional wiring required.
    I have the Night Breakers installed and never had a problem driving on highways during the night.
    Philips bulb throws out more white light as compared to the Night Breakers.
  6. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

Thx, both of you.

Is white light legal ? Whats the approx cost?
  7. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore

It is not totally white light dont worry :D. It is just that it emits more white light when compared to the stock halogen lamps.
    I got the NightBreakers for 1700 a pair not sure abt the Xtreme Power though
  8. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Philips Xtremepower costs about 1000 to 1200 per pair.. I am using them for last four months and satisfied with their performance.
  9. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

Thx all. I bought Night Breaker Rs 750 each. Yet to see hw it looks at night.

1 thing amazed me was, when they removed existing bulb i saw Osram on right side and Philips H4 on left side :-o, i dont know hw thats possible. They might have changed it while servicing. not sure. But spare bulbs they gave was Osram only, both :)
  10. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

its same for me as well...philips on left and osram on right