1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have also put 100/90 Philips rally bulb, replacing XtremeVision.
    Yet to test properly, but I felt only little better in high beam, low beam is similar to Xtremevision, which was very good anyway for city driving.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Does the installation of relay for upgrading to 90/100 w bulbs is to be done at the service center only? Can't it be done as a DIY?
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    When I got my bulbs upgraded to 100/90 Philips Rally along with Hella relay it was installed at one of the accessories shop where I bought these. I am not sure about DIY, but pretty sure that you need not visit SC for this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Installing the wiring kit is very easy, Everything is plug and play.

- Route the wiring kit around the engine bay away from sources of heat, use cable ties to fasten.
    - Positive terminal of the wiring kit to the battery and negative terminal to the metal body.
    - One of the stock headlight sockets goes into the wiring kit (for Headlight ON/Off signalling). The other side just sits there, not connected to anything.
    - Sockets on the wiring kit are connected to the bulbs. You may have to made small slits on the rubber Headlight caps to route the Wiring kit wires into the headlight bulb hole.
    - Make sure you tape up the cut area to prevent moisture from seeping into the headlight.
    3 people like this.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks vj_v1. I will try to install this weekend. Any idea to increase the festoon type LED dome light length to 39 mm as the LED i have ordered from snap deal is 31.5 mm, so that i can fit it into the dome light socket.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I had no idea what festoon or dome light meant, based on google search looks like you are talking about the IN cabin lights.

Hmm, increasing the length. Some solder etc jugaad with some more metal is what i can think of but better to get the correct size.
  7. kiran.khandre

kiran.khandre Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,
    I want to upgrade the bulbs on my punto. I need longer throws on the highway and wider spread and it will also serve the purpose of fog lamps. Also, I would like to ensure that my warranty is not affected after this upgrade. I don't have fog lamps for my 2012 dynamic model and when I asked Pandit Auto they informed that they cannot fit it and if it is done outside service center then the warranty of the car will be void. Pls give your recommendations for the brand. I enquired with few auto accessory shops and I was recommended with Osram Night breaker, the cost was quoted for Rs. 2400. Pls suggest a dealer or distributor in Pune where I can get this done at lower cost.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    requesting the simplest upgrade, without any relays please for linea.. i honestly dont have much issues with the stock ones, but still willing to go for a minor update and dont want any blackening of my reflectors for sure

- - - Merged Post - - -

osram night breaker vs phillips
  9. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    How come your 2012 dynamic punto doesn't have fog lamps. Mine 2012 dynamic punto has it. I upgraded bulbs to 90/100 Phillips rally vision. For 1600 rs. From car Cupid. Happy with change
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Both Osram NB+ and Philips X-treme Vision are good, I would suggest take Philips one for little better than OE lighting.
    1 person likes this.