1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Did they cut any wire for the installation?
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That's just a way ppl escape from a faulty installation or an unlucky bad piece.
    I used phillips rally 90/110 for nearly 1 year without any issues and it recently burned out.

Now I'm using phillips rally 110/130 but this is something i dont like because it produces too much heat and I would like to go back to 90/110 and keep this as spare.
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When you stop at signal lights or when the car is stopped with engine idling for a short while, Please, turn off main beams by switching stalk to parking lights position. and when you just start moving turn on the main beams.

I have seen many people stopping their cars, for short breaks, with engine idling they leave their head lamps on this is very irritating.
  4. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    They they don't have to cut any wires.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Its not by any vendor or somebody, one of my relative owns Innova using as taxi, he has to do lot of night travelling. He said sometime he uses 3-4 bulbs a month :(
  5. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

chennai
    The Fiat OEM wiring is good and they already use relays for headlights . The wires will heat up a lot if you directly use 130/90 or any other high wattage bulbs compared to the OEM . A permissible limit of 10 % over the stock bulb value is acceptable . More than that it is better to use a seperate relay .
    A 130w bulb needs a lot of current and those who have upgraded to the 130w bulbs with stock wiring will not have the full light power as the OEM wiring will restrict the flow of current . So it is better to use a seperate wiring to install the 100w and the 130w
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok finally i reconciled to 60/55 Phillips Xtreme vision and bought 4 of them.
    I used it one night drive yesterday , I'm still having to get used to stepping down from 110/130 so for me as of now the bulbs seem underpowered. But i will shortly do a full test and probably give you some photos as well with these against stocks.
    Total cost of came up to 2000 for 4 bulbs. I've read really good reviews about this to be better than OSRAMs . Time will tell
  7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Where did you buy it from

Sent from my Micromax A110 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  8. Man that is quiet a steo down from the setup you had.
    I think you should upgrade your fog lights as well considering the upcoming trip you have planned in a few months time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have been regularly using Philips Rally 100/90, NB+, & xtreme vision. These bulbs have rarely fused. If your bulbs fuse very frequently, check if there is any loose connection or whether you flash your head light frequently. Use Hi/Lo beam using the stalk instead of just flashing.

Kiran
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    JC road, from a place called JK automobiles.

Upgrading is not on my mind but yeah i am going to investigate if i can find better range from the fog lamps . fogs are H1/55W (i think). If there is a better one in that range then I'm surely going to pick it up.

Finally I'm also looking at aux lamps. It might look bad but i'm going to get the clamps fitted in a way its easy to remove so that I can remove it when i dont need them.