1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. I have used 100/90 phillips rally lights in my previous punto for 1&1/2 years,and nothing happened..Its a good and very much needed upgrade that also quiet a cheap one...

Get phillips relay or hella relay kit,and get it fitted at the shop only,as they can adjust the lights properly...And it costs 1000 bucks approx...
    1 person likes this.
  2. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Hi Arnab,

I am planning to change the stock bulbs and are you sure that these 100/90 bulbs would not be less faithful and go off quickly even though relay kit is installed?

My choice is between Osram NB+ and 100/90 bulbs(If its safer)

Which one is the best coz I am also worried about the darkening of Headlight unit.....

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi Ravi,

Do you mean there is no much difference between stock bulbs and Philips extreme vision...I am really in a confused dilemma as to which one to choose....Osram NB+ 60/55 or get the 100/90 bulbs with philips or Hella relay kit....
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012

3. I will be going for NB+,or rally 100/90(more inclined towards this) by this week,even thinking of fog light upgrading...I have used 100/90 in my previous car for almost 1&1/2 year,and it is the best and cheapest option available...Many people have upgraded to even higher wattages,and there has been not a single complaint about headlight blackening(smoked headlights for free:evilsmile)

I have used HID kit and would never go for it,very hard for night driving(for me aswell as people coming from opposite side)

For NB+,relay is not required...But for 100/90 and above,relay is must..But have heard that error messages pop up if relay kits are used...(I have installed in active,maybe it was not so advanced),existing users can you please confirm that any error messages will pop up or not...
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    No error message on my Punto 90. FYi, Phillips relay + Wiring harness and 100/90 Phillips rally Bulbs.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Same setup as above in my 1.3 MJD Active and no error message what so ever.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Depends on your requirements.
    If most of the drive is in city with some highway drive, NB+ or Philips X-treme vision makes more sense. Safe, OE specification, legal. And I am using Philips one and it has very nice low beam, one doesn't need more than that. Even high beam, with fog lamp if you have, is sufficient for highway driving.

However, if you plan to use more night highway drive, make sense to upgrade to 100/90 or even more.
    2 people like this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I second this opinion.

Just stay away from NB+ at least for the highway drive. I am having this in Linea and it is pathetic than the stock in rainy conditions.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Already used phillips rally 100/90,is their anything better than this setup which can be used without any harm?
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Ravi a small request. If you can catch up with any Tfian's and take a night shot with headlamps ON, we can do a comparo. I think Philips extreme vision is more towards the yellow tint than NB + which actually is good during rain & fog .I am currently running on Philips Extreme power (The one prior to Extreme vision) and I am quiet ok with it.
  10. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    I installed Philips H4 90/100 (200 per piece) and Philips relay(Rs 1100/-) 2 weeks back. Just 2 days later one of the bulb (left side) gone. Its not the filament, but something inside the metal part. What I heard from others is, Philips gives very good light, but life is poor. So better to have spare ready and some basics on how to change bulbs(little tricky initially).
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012